The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

RWD Chrysler 2.4L

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doug99RS

DSM N/T Wiseman
DSM Wiseman
Nov 10, 2002
Raleigh, North_Carolina
So I was dispatched a ticket today for a vehicle that had a complaint of "No A/C". I look at the car, see that it's got a Washington State Plate on the front and figure "It's from Washington, they probably bought a ***secret*** that didn't have A/C". I mean heck, low line wheels, no options on the outside, 5 speed.... it probably just doesn't have it.

I drive the thing in to the shop and pop the hood... Low and behold I all but fell over when I saw this 2.4L (same as the cloud car 2.4L, not some new engine with the same displacement), that was set in the vehicle North to South instead of East to West like the 2g's, Rear Wheel Drive, and it was in a WRANGLER of all things... I crap you not.

We have this internet based tech program we access alot for TSB's and stuff. While searching for the vehicles we're working on we see alot of strange things like turbo-diesel cars, electric engines, Flex-Fuel (not that uncommon), and NGC and stuff. You know... cars with engine applications that they only offer to meet Emissions and CAFE requirements and all but you never really see on the road. But sure enough, right in front of me was this 2.4L NT motor set up as a RWD for a wrangler. This one was an 04. So if you want access to yet another 2.4L engine, keep an eye out for wrecked wranglers.
Doug

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back