1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Rowan and Central Jersey

Posted by spoolinbyu, Jan 17, 2006

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
  1. spoolinbyu

spoolinbyu Probationary Member

Joined Sep 26, 2005
    Manalapan, New Jersey
    Wats up, I was wondering if anybody on here goes to Rowan University or is from around freehold and wants to meet up this weekend or the next maybe. I live in Manalapan. So if anybody is interested maybe we can get a crew together or something and go to englishtown for autocross and the strip come spring. Let me know what you guys think and maybe we can do something.

2. cs82685

cs82685 Proven Member

Joined Oct 29, 2004
    phillipsburg, New Jersey
    i'm pretty much tied down with work for a while, but there is a decent size group that we got together for e-town in november so i'm sure there will be people from the area interested for when they open back up

3. spoolinbyu

Joined Sep 26, 2005
    Manalapan, New Jersey
    That sounds good

4. oldman

oldman DSM Wiseman

Joined Jun 21, 2003
    Dayton, New Jersey
    Yes, you're definitely welcome to come with us when spring comes around. What's up Corey? Is the wing off the car yet?:p

5. cs82685

cs82685 Proven Member

Joined Oct 29, 2004
    phillipsburg, New Jersey
    No, I can't afford (don't want to pay) to have the holes filled and have the hatch and fenders repainted but those annoying seat covers are off the rest of the crap inside is going after the winter. I'm so pissed off I was gonna pick up a 96 gst w/evo 3 16g, 6 bolt swap, act 2600, msns, arp head studs, and supporting fuel mods running 22psi and some bastard beat me to it, it was only 3300. :mad: :mad: :( :cry: :( :mad: :mad: Now i'm just gonna have to go balls to the wall on the rs and save for a 350z

6. blcknspo0ln

blcknspo0ln DSM Wiseman

Joined Jul 31, 2003
    Central, New Jersey
    meet!? i'm down.

I think I'll take the eclipse though, because at least I know i'll make it there LOL

What's up Uncle Bruce!?!? :p

1K  0

1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    12.030 @ 118.070 · 2G DSM
  7. oldman

oldman DSM Wiseman

Joined Jun 21, 2003
    Dayton, New Jersey
    Good one. :p I guess we will just have to make your car faster to justified the wing.

I heard those cars are slow. :D

ROFL You're such a dork, still having trouble with the car? Need help? A meet sounds great, maybe we should go shoot pool so I can beat all your asses down. :D

blcknspo0ln likes this.
  8. TURFNNSURF

TURFNNSURF Proven Member

Joined May 12, 2003
    Ewing, New Jersey
    YEAH let's set up a meet at a pool hall im down for that.

By the way there is a little Dyno tuning sessing and meet in philly, Sat the 21st around 6-8pm, Team Adrenaline is holding the meet at Percision Dyno tuning in Philly. A bunch of EVO's will be there so I thought showing up with a 1g GSX that helpedstart it all, may be cool.

1K  0

1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    13.224 @ 112.170 · 1G DSM
  9. oldman

oldman DSM Wiseman

Joined Jun 21, 2003
    Dayton, New Jersey
    Let's talk time and location. 29th is Chinese New Year so it's that's out for me, how about the weekend after that?

After your HG/dyno story and recently seeing a STI suffering the same fate in person at you know where, I'm a little reluctant to put my car on a dyno, I think I'll stick with my street tune until DSMLink, I'll be doing my tax return real early this year. :)

10. TURFNNSURF

TURFNNSURF Proven Member

Joined May 12, 2003
    Ewing, New Jersey
    Bruce,

Speaking of DSMlink, you'll love it and hate it all at the same time... I just got it for my car on Tuesday, I have been driving every chance I get to dial in the injectors and dead time. My gas mileage dropped like a rock after this install of link cause it was running pig rich. Some fine tuning this afternoon and it's getting better now. I have only done 2 WOT pulls to see how the car feels. I have a lot of WOT tuning to do but according to link the car was making 300+ hp to the wheels, with a 9.5:1 A/F and 21psi. Lots of room to lean it out and add timing.

1K  0

1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    13.224 @ 112.170 · 1G DSM
  11. oldman

oldman DSM Wiseman

Joined Jun 21, 2003
    Dayton, New Jersey
    Now I know who to call when I get mine.

12. blcknspo0ln

blcknspo0ln DSM Wiseman

Joined Jul 31, 2003
    Central, New Jersey
    elite billiards in Edison, New Jersey!!!

bruce,
    the talon is running fine except my "rev and die" problem. needless to say everytime I pull it out of gear, I have to blip the throttle to keep the car from stalling.. I think it's due to boost leaks though. I haven't checked yet so I guess its my fault :p

1K  0

1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
  13. oldman

oldman DSM Wiseman

Joined Jun 21, 2003
    Dayton, New Jersey
    That's not forget about the thread starter, spoolinbyu sorry about jacking your thread, is Edison too far for you?

14. No_Skillz

No_Skillz Proven Member

Joined Dec 8, 2004
    Freehold/Morris, New Jersey
    Count me in for whatever.

Whats up everybody that I know. :rocks:

467  0

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    manual · 2G DSM
  15. oldman

oldman DSM Wiseman

Joined Jun 21, 2003
    Dayton, New Jersey
    Hey Mike shouldn't you be in school? :)

Let's not let this thread die off like some of the others, how does FEB 4th Sat sound? Let's make sure the place we go has a good size parking lot. Brad, I wanna check out your dsmlink.

16. No_Skillz

No_Skillz Proven Member

Joined Dec 8, 2004
    I am in school, which is why I haven't called to hang out and watch Paramount Funkadelic lately. :rocks: Weekends are good for me.

What do you guys think about chilling at Rutgers? Lots of places to eat around here and I know some DSMers who go to school with me.

467  0

manual · 2G DSM
  17. oldman

oldman DSM Wiseman

Joined Jun 21, 2003
    Dayton, New Jersey
    Make my funk the p funk. :rocks:

And deal with Rutgers, New Brunswick, Piscataway and Highland Park PD's? ROFL

18. No_Skillz

No_Skillz Proven Member

Joined Dec 8, 2004
    I figured if we go to any other parking lot, the police will chase us out. If we chill at a Rutgers lot and/or get food, RUPD won't really care... unless we're doing something stupid.

467  0

manual · 2G DSM
  19. cs82685

cs82685 Proven Member

Joined Oct 29, 2004
    phillipsburg, New Jersey
    boo, i have to go to a tax seminar in livingston that day, come to think of it most of my weekends for the next month or so are busy, damnit.

20. otofmyway6

otofmyway6 Proven Member

Joined Apr 29, 2004
    Pine Brook, New Jersey
    im down for a billiards meet in edison

21. No_Skillz

No_Skillz Proven Member

Joined Dec 8, 2004
    Whatever happened to the original thread starter?

467  0

manual · 2G DSM
  22. blcknspo0ln

blcknspo0ln DSM Wiseman

Joined Jul 31, 2003
    Central, New Jersey
    he doesn't like us :confused:

but yea.. a while ago we had a pretty big meet (13-15 3/s cars from 3si.org) in a parking lot in piscataway.. i'm sure andy (otofmyway6) remembers that day. We didn't get ANY sh** because we weren't doing anything stupid.

any other suggestions? btw, it looks like i'll be taking the talon down for another month to do repairs and send my g50 back to SBR.. so i'll be out there in my 1g

1K  0

1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
  23. spoolinbyu

Joined Sep 26, 2005
    Manalapan, New Jersey
    Hey sorry guys my internet was down for awhile, Im down for watever Edison is fine. I dont really car about driving if I did I wouldnt have a car like I do. But I figured if we get a group together now then maybe we can start meeting up like every other weekend or something. Then after awhile we can figure it out and invite some other forums and eventually once summer gets here we can all meet up at the cruise nights I know theres one in jackson and one in freehold boro. At those it doesnt matter how many cars there are we are never going to get kicked out. But as for now edison sounds good, I think rutgers was a good idea to seeing as in we willnt get kicked out there either. A couple sundays ago there was a meet at the freehold mall because it closes early and the police dont really bother you there as long as you dont screw around. But it snows so all the sti's and evo's showed but know other cars really.

24. No_Skillz

No_Skillz Proven Member

Joined Dec 8, 2004
    Actually, alot of the people on this thread know each other and we hang out almost regularly. I'm personally not a big fan of huge meets since there are always dickheads who think they're the sh** and spoiled kids whose parents bought them an sti. I stopped by the mall meet you're talking about but I didn't even bother to get out of the car cause that's basically all I saw for the 1 min that I circled the lot.

467  0

manual · 2G DSM
  25. spoolinbyu

Joined Sep 26, 2005
    Manalapan, New Jersey
    I completly understand what you mean but I dont know just because I dont have respect for the driver because they didnt do jack to there car or pay for any of it, the cars are nice and thats what I like to see. But on that note then lets have a smaller meet. Im free almost every weekend I have work but I can get off so lets get something together.