The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Rogue wire can someone help me out?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rex2342

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 30, 2004
Mckeesport, Pennsylvania
SO I finally got around to fixing my stereo harness. Someone ripped the radio off before I bought the car and cut the factory harness. The guy who owned it before just hacked it together and it worked but I wanted it done right. I went to the junk yard and cut out another harness and soldered it all together and everything works fine but I have one lonely wire with no home. Can someone tell me where it goes or if I need it? I think it might just be the factory ground wire but I'm not sure. It's a white wire with a black stripe.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Anybody have any clue? I checked the vfaq and they don't have this wire listed in any of the diagrams so now I'm even more confused as to where this wire would even go.

pm me so i dont forget and i will look it up when i go into work on saturday. We have stereo diagrams for almost every vehicle. Personally though if every thing is working fine i would just tape it off and leave it alone, its probably not a big deal.

I don't think thats a ground wire, if your radio works and your happy don't screw around with it. :thumb:

95TalonOwner said:
Says right on this page:

http://www.streetdreams.com/wires/mitsubishi/general.html

White and black wire is the power antenna wire.

Perfect! Thank you! I was going crazy trying figure it out and couldn't. I don't have a power antenna so that explains why I don't have the wire on my factory harness. The car I cut the new harness out of must of had one LOL! Thanks again!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back