The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

[RESOLVED] running hot at idle

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VTRICCO

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 28, 2003
Ridgewood Queens, New_York
the situation is this. Recently when sitting at idle I see my stock coolant temp gauge rise to about 3/4 the way to the top. As long as i've had the car it never rose past half way and stayed steady. So now now i step on the gas and raise the rpm's and the temp's immediately start to go down. Im thinking its one of two thing, thermostat or water pump. Anyone have any ideas to steer me in the right direction.
:talon:

Have you checked to see if your low on coolant. If your not it could either be the thermostat or check and make sure that your fans are working correctly. Make sure that your main fan comes on when it starts warming up.

so what was it?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back