The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

[RESOLVED] headliner problem- non-sunroof dome light

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

qwsxz753

Probationary Member
Jul 5, 2008
denver, Pennsylvania
I wanted to take the headliner out of my 95 talon, but I cant figure out how to take off the map light in the roof.(I thought it probably just snaps out but i don't want to break it) My car doesn't have a sunroof and i couldn't find a tutorial on taking out this light. Just wandering if someone could help me out? Thanks

taking down the headliner is very simple...

1. take off the a-pillar covers
1a. with a flat head pull back the rubber pieces on the end of the "oh shit handle", and unscrew the bolts until it drops (save all the hardware and be careful not to break the plastic piece...its old)

2. take off the plastic covers on the side of the rear seats (the covers that have the speaker behind them)...u will have to remove the rear part of the seat to get to bolts

3. remove the triangle window covers

4. pull the door light/map light/what ever ts called out...it will just pop right out...

5. take out the visors, 2 screws on each side and 1 screw on each side for the "holder"

6. recline the seats all the way back and open the hatch

7. there will be 4 plastic fasteners holding it in place ( 2 under the a pillars...1 on each side... and 2 under the triangular plastic pieces 1 on each side) take a flat head and pop them out

8. pull it straight out of the hatch...it WILL NOT fit through the door with out breaking it.

BTW that font is pretty annoying...please change it

Thanks for the help, got it out without a problem. Just wanted to be safe.
Sorry about the font.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back