The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

1G Sunroof & Headliner question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Having cut one out of an AWD, i can tell you they did make (some) in the factory. While its sitting in my dad's garage, i only remember two drains that went down the B pillars and out the car. I do have the head liner that came with it, its in one piece, but not sure of the condition after 10 years of sitting.

I did a little searching and it's looks like somebody sent a bunch of cars to ASC for sunroofs on 1Gs.
Regardless of who sent them there they are not factory sunroofs, they are conversions.

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/newbie-forum/410230-need-replace-my-sunroof-looks-like-oem.html
1g with power sunroof - DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com

Nice find Steve.So even tho mits did this for a factory option.It's technically an aftermarket sunroof.Because it did not come from Illinois?

Interesting.Well I know it's not an Illinois factory option, but it was a mits option.But technically it's aftermarket.Gotcha.

Also If you did not know that some came with those sunroofs.I'm gonna chock that up as a win for me.

Having cut one out of an AWD, i can tell you they did make (some) in the factory. While its sitting in my dad's garage, i only remember two drains that went down the B pillars and out the car. I do have the head liner that came with it, its in one piece, but not sure of the condition after 10 years of sitting.

Make some what?

So even tho mits did this for a factory option.It's technically an aftermarket sunroof. Because it did not come from Illinois?

Interesting.Well I know it's not an Illinois factory option, but it was a mits option.But technically it's aftermarket.Gotcha.

Please note the wording. I chose it to not confuse the difference between something that was part of the production options from the factory, something one of the corporations (or distributors) did because it wasn't available from the factory, something a dealership did and lastly something an owner did.

I though about how the convertibles were offered, how the Targa Cars came about and what might have gone on with the various early and late cases of power sunroofs showing up.

I didn't check CAPS/ASA today but I'm expecting that you won't find the part numbers for anything related to these unusual sunroofs in there.

Here is some pics of my factory sunroof that pops up. It has 4 drains that run out of the car. It seems to be factory with all the metal bracing around it as i did not see a sticker in my glove box for the ASC ones

Attachments

• sunroof 001.jpg
    sunroof 001.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 83
  • sunroof 002.jpg
    sunroof 002.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 94
  • sunroof 003.jpg
    sunroof 003.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 87
  • sunroof 004.jpg
    sunroof 004.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 97
Uh... factory sunroofs?

Well we were talking about both factory and not factory sunroofs. And we were talking about popup and electric. So it's still not clear what you were referring to but it doesn't matter at this point.

You ever see the 90 AWD 'vert they did as a concept? I know i dont have that pic anymore, good luck finding it though.

Here you go, just for you.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I know you referring this this one but I had to pull your leg first.

Here's another way to fix that leaking sunroof.

Or do this.

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/app...12820-convertible-1g-dsm-merged-11-7-a-8.html

As Steve suspected ASA does NOT show a motorized 1g sunroof.Does show sunroof but the stationary one.

What I did not know is a sunroof bag did come oem.I have to get me one of those.

What I did not know is a sunroof bag did come oem.I have to get me one of those.

Since you seem to be keeping score, I'm gonna chock that up as a win for me. :sneaky:

I believe my car has one of these fancy ASC sunroofs.

Needs a headliner though, I was thinking I'd just get one meant for a slick roof car and cut a hole in it.

Doesn't leak, seals leak pretty darn new, but I do need to take a wire wheel to the rust and put on some sealer and paint.

Well we were talking about both factory and not factory sunroofs. And we were talking about popup and electric. So it's still not clear what you were referring to but it doesn't matter at this point.

Here you go, just for you.

No, not the one LOL, it was a Talon TSi in full trim. I have to say that Targa is the first time ive seen that pic, but damn i want that now.....yea right. Only if i win the lottery.

Few pics of mine open

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back