The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

using a headliner from a sunroof model in a non sunroof model.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LordD4rkHelmet

Probationary Member
Mar 5, 2013
Grove, Missouri
I am in need of a headliner for my gs, The only one within 200 miles is from a car with a sunroof. Can I use this in my car even tho I do not have a sun roof? I know there would be a hole but I would just fiberglass it over and recover it. My main concern is would it fit or just sag in the middle due to not having the sunroof frame to help hold it up.

It is supported in the middle by the trim around the sunroof hole if I recall correctly. So I think it would sag just a bit. I can't check unfortunately as i had mine removed over a year ago.

If your willing to fiberglass a huge hole where a sunroof would be, why don't you just buy some material and make your own headliner? Save some money since you wouldn't have to drive too far.

I bought 2 square yards of grey suede and did mine for $12 plus I think another $10-$12 for a good 3m spray adhesive....

Had enough material left over to wrap my visors and door handle cups... probably enough to do he inserts in the door panels as well.

I agree... why fiberglass a rectangle in the roof of your car when it cost less than $30 to do it your own way?

Also, my material I used was considered "premium", if you went with generic material it would probably cost $20

I would recover mine but I dont have one to recover. just a bare metal roof.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back