The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

REPLACEMENT gauge pillar?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kanusky1990

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 14, 2011
Easton, Pennsylvania
hey guys... i know there are a lot of gauge pillars out there that you mount on top of the existing plastic piece. Are there any that actually REPLACE the OEM and clip in the same way, but have the gauge pods molded into the piece. I hope you know what im asking... if not ask and i'll try to explain more. If you do know and know of a brand, please let me know. thanks

I would search ebay, i've bought a few that actually replace the oem one, and a few that just screw to it. Stay away from the glowshift one, they are not made very well.

other then glowshift... you remember and brand names?

Attachments

• DSCN1242.jpg
    DSCN1242.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 37
  • DSCN1243.jpg
    DSCN1243.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 45
I drilled and directly mounted my Glowshift one directly to the metal. It fits better that way than over the stock piece.

I did the same and it definitely looks better. Additionally, you want to avoid putting too many layers as this will just take more of your vision away in that corner (on top of the gauges themselves).

what are you screwing it into...? are you just using a self tapping screw and going into the metal?

what are you screwing it into...? are you just using a self tapping screw and going into the metal?

Yes indeed; in the metal. Just put the pillar on where I was going to mount it, made a mark where the holes would meet the metal and drilled (in my case two holes). Than I used a self tapping screw to put both together and voila! My kit came with screw covers as well so they don't show on the final install.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back