The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G recommended audio setup for a 2g eclipse with infinity amp

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Awekiller

Probationary Member
Oct 13, 2015
Troy, Michigan
Going to start looking into getting a whole new audio setup for my 2g eclipse since the speakers are starting to go and theyre still stock (even the original head unit reciever). Just looking for any recommendations for front and rear speakers plus an amp to go with it. After getting those ill focus on a sub but for now im just looking for new head unit speakers and amp

I really like my alpine speakers and 2-10" kicker/1000watt Sony amp combo. Along with a alpine deck. Has Bluetooth and good audio outs for the subs. Can't go wrong with alpine, kicker, jbl, or Rockford fosgate.
Is that 1000W amp powering everything or do you have something like the subs connected to the deck and the speaker to the amp

Ha! The front speakers in my Spyder were dust when I got the car. I just went to the salvage yard and picked up a slightly larger set of (stock) Infinity speakers out of a Chrysler Sebring. Sounds all good again.

That said, I too am looking to upgrade everything. I like Sony speakers but I've been out of the loop on aftermarket stuff for ages. I'm kinda intrigued by these new Android head units, but know very little about them.

Since I have a Spyder I'm thinking about a small powered subwoofer like the Infinity Baselink to put behind the rear seats.

I have 5 1/2" alpine in the front doors and 6/9 in the rear deck and stock 4" In the dash (gvr4). Those are just going to the deck. Then the subs are running thru the amp but I have some controls in my deck as well. I had a eq wires in when this setup was in my gst and it tied all the speakers in and allowed me a better mix. Sounds really good and not overly loud, but hits hard inside the car. Wh oh is what I like :). Plus my phone and music hook right up all hands free ;)

I have 5 1/2" alpine in the front doors and 6/9 in the rear deck and stock 4" In the dash (gvr4). Those are just going to the deck. Then the subs are running thru the amp but I have some controls in my deck as well. I had a eq wires in when this setup was in my gst and it tied all the speakers in and allowed me a better mix. Sounds really good and not overly loud, but hits hard inside the car. Wh oh is what I like :). Plus my phone and music hook right up all hands free ;)
What kind of dash do you have. Ik just wondering if its enough to power 4 speakers. I like your setup though ill hook mine up that way but i gotta find a deck thatll work. Heres a sony one i found but im just wondering if its enoughhttp://www.crutchfield.com/p_158XAV...91985&awat=pla&awnw=g&awcr=47439293905&awdv=m

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back