The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

Recommendation on new setup

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grnchevyz

15+ Year Contributor
May 3, 2006
Cornwall, Ontario_Canada
Ok, well, winter is coming, and time for changes on the old GSX. Currently running 20psi on an EvoIII with supporting mods. Putting down 310ish. Looking for 400-450 on a reliable turbo. This is what I was looking at...

PTE 60-1

Bang for buck it looks like a winner...anything I should know about this turbo?

Also should mention that BC Stage 2's are also going in as well as FIC 650's(750's be better?) and a Walbro 255 to replace the 190. (is it necessary?)

Anything I'm missing?

Appreciate all input as usual :)

- Lou

for the 255, you'll need an AFPR so you don't over run your stocker.

As for turbo selection, besides horsepower what do you want out of it? Is the car a drag car? Road race car? Auto X? And also, where would you like spool up to be? These will help us narrow it down for you.

AFPR is already on the car as the mods list now shows. But if the 190 will flow enough fuel then I'm not gonna bother changing it.

Drag Race, not competitively, every other weekend with friends etc etc

Auto-X and Road Race, yup

Spool up is not really a deciding factor for me but the quicker the better of course.

Ok, well, winter is coming, and time for changes on the old GSX. Currently running 20psi on an EvoIII with supporting mods. Putting down 310ish. Looking for 400-450 on a reliable turbo. This is what I was looking at...

PTE 60-1

Bang for buck it looks like a winner...anything I should know about this turbo?

Also should mention that BC Stage 2's are also going in as well as FIC 650's(750's be better?) and a Walbro 255 to replace the 190. (is it necessary?)

Anything I'm missing?

Appreciate all input as usual :)

- Lou

I don't think a 60-1 with only 400-450 hp would be very fun to drive. If you're not going to have good torque, you better make up for it with big top end power. Why not a 54 or 57 trim? You should be able to get over 450 with on of those and it should spool better.

If you only want 400hp, keep your E3-16G and get some BC 272 cams and some good EPROM tuning. Get a hawver intake manifold if you want to get more after adding the cams.

Thanks J, I wasn't really aware that the e3-16g could reliably put out 400+ without meth injection and the such. You strictly EPROM tune or DSMLink...I'm kinda curious to see what kinda tune you put the 414 on the E3 seeing as adding the 272's, FIC750's and the 255 our setups are going to be scaringly similar.

You should probably go with the 255 so you dont have a chance of going lean, and I would go with 750's then you have some room to tune and you wont overload them when you decide to get other mods. As far as the turbo I dnt know how much you were looking to spend but the forced performance green turbo is a pretty badass turbo for the money.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back