The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Rear End Problems.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffreyinigo

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 6, 2004
Tucson, Arizona
ohh MY GOD. WELL HERE IS THE NEWW PROBLEM. I JUST REPLACED MY TRANNY AND NOW MY CAR RUNS LIKE CRAP.THE TRANNY SHIFTS GREAT AND THE CLUTCH FEELS GOOD. I GOT A NEW CLUTCH, SLAVE CYLINDER AND RESURFACED THE FLYWHEEL.I MEAN IT STARTS UP GREAT AND THE ENGINE RUNS GREAT, EXCEPT IT FEELS LIKE THE REAR WHEELS ARE TRYING TO BRAKE OR ALMOST LOCK UP. I GOT NEW FRONT AND REAR MOTOR MOUNTS AND THE TRANNY WAS FIXED BY A PROFESSIONAL. THE REAR WHEELS SEEM TO BRAKE AND I NOTICED THAT THE REAR TIRES SEEM TO SHAKE VIOLENTLY. NOT A VIBRATION BUT A SHAKE. IT SEEMS LIKE MOSTLY THE REAR RIGHT SIDE TIRE SHAKES BUT I CANT BE SURE. SOMETIMES IT DOESNT DO IT AND SOMETIMES IT DOES. I THOUGHT MAYBE I INSTALLED THE DRIVESHAFT WRONG BUT I CANT BE SURE. WHAT CAN THIS POSSIBLE BE??????? PLEASE HELP ME GUYS.

sorry guys. actually no im not using 97+ parts, im using all parts that came from 1g's. im at a loss with this car and im gonna light it up if it doesnt get fixed soon.

Wait guys, i noticed that my rear end only feels like its breaking when i make slow sharp truns and the tires are chirping. it also does this when i move into reverse at and start to turn. i also noticed after the new clutch and they did the tranny job it jumps out much faster than before. it launches much better when i step on the gas. could it be that they welded the center differential from the other tranny i used???? i mean the car runs great, it pulls great and launches great. except it worries me that it feels like the rear tires are breaking and chirping at really slow speeds and turns and turns in reverse. Please help again guys.

Sounds like either the center diff from the new tranny was welded from the git-go or possibly it has broken teeth on the spiders. I would highly doubt any tranny shop would deliberately weld the center diff without consulting you :dsm:

nooo. i got the tranny from the junkyard. from a parts car. they took apart that tranny and used the parts from that one and used it into my existing tranny.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back