The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2G Random misfire

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TSITurbo95

Probationary Member
Oct 26, 2009
Ohio, Ohio
Ok, so since the poly motor mount install with my clutch, my car will randomly misfire and throw a CEL "random misfire" code. When I cycle the key (turn off and back on) it fixes itself, but the CEL remains on. Then some more down the road, itll happen again, and ill cycle the key and fix itself, but still cel stays on with the code. Could that be a solinoid problem perhaps? Any suggestions?

How does that solve the issue? It just disables the CEL for that, but the issue still persists.

it keeps the ecu from "looking" for the random misfires. if there is a real issue then it will still be there. so spark plugs/ wires need to be checked after that

But the problem still persist with or without the cel, that is not my issue, my issue is that it still misfires randomly.

Any opinions? It just happens randomly. I shut off the car and restart and its fixed until the next time.

Yes the car misfires and sounds like a suby. Also my wideband reads lean if that matters.

Also I Wana know if its the same cyclinder every time, so next time it starts it pull over sand start pulling plug wires to see what cyclinder is doing it? BECAREFUL IT MIGHT SHOCK YOU! Just keep your fingers on the plug wire and nothing else!

I am going to replace the coil pack, plugs and wires to see if it so happens to solve it, but the only change I did that started causing it was I put in polyurethane motor mounts, and why is it intermittent like that though? Perhaps certain vibrations?

Well the code is a p0300 Random Misfire. I am going to replace all the ignition components, then get back to you if its still happening.

I was recieving that code for random misfire in my Toyota Tacoma and it turned out the number 1 injector clip had come loose and the injector wouldn't always fire. Just another thing to check.

Yes, usually it will say which cylinder, but its the p0300 code which is all cylinders. I checked the gap, and they were good, .28 br7es plugs, and the problem is still happening, but its still so odd, as it goes away when I restart but happens again randomly. Anywho, I have new plugs and wires, along with a injector resister pack and coil pack in which I am going to replace tomorrow to hopefully solve the issue. I will post back if I found it. Thanks.

Ok so wires and plugs are replaced and still.happens. i tested the coil pack and it is good. Also i should add when it does it my wb reads reallean. Wouldent that be a fuel issue? What could be bad in the fuel issue? Relays? Also appears to only happen when im ttaveling above 65mph

Attached is a log, it happens towards the end of the log. Thanks.

Anything?

Attachments

• log.2011.01.09-01.elg
    192 KB · Views: 60
Ok so when I checked the log, I saw when it happened, my injector load was 0%. Possible relay?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back