The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

Question to you that have built a 6 bolt

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TSIfreek

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 14, 2003
cary, Illinois
:confused: My question is how do I know if my front (twards the front of the car) balance shaft is in sync with the rear shaft. I know the rear shaft has a plug on the side of the block you can take out and stick a screwdriver thew the block to see if its right but what about the front shaft? Is all i need to wory about is make sure the timing marks are lined up and thats it becuse that wasnt the case with the rear ballance shaft (because I turned the motor ovcer with no timing belt to clean the piston tops im doing head work). I had to turn it a full turn before the screwdriver would go in and the marks would line up thats done now what about the front?? . The factory manual doesnt say anything about the front shaft on this subject just the timing marks on the sproket and case. If you are not sure please dont reply. Thanks for your feed back!!! OMG

The front gear turns the shaft directly.. So the marks on the front gear are all you need to go by.

The rear gets turned by the oil pump so use the hole and screwdriver plus the marks on the oil pump gear...

I personally would have just got rid of the shafts...

Thanks MNGSX thats what I figured but wasnt sure.
I totally would throw those shats as far as I could but the short block is still in the car. I was told the front shaft would be impossible to get out. Can I just take the rear shaft out and just keep the front BS belt off and thats it or would there be problems with this?? Thanks Kris

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back