1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

2G Question for the 2g awd E85 users

Posted by v8s_are_slow, Aug 13, 2020

Please Support Southbay Fuel Injectors
Please Support VR-Speed Factory
  1. v8s_are_slow

v8s_are_slow Proven Member

Joined Sep 30, 2002
    Panama City, Florida
    Just wondering if any of you guys that use it have any issues with your fuel looking like this if it sits for a bit. I'm wondering what y'all do for the sealing rings on top of the tank and if they would possibly be an issue, or if it's the seals I'm using for my fuel sumps on bottom of the tank. I have new seals for the rings on top but trying to diagnose what's causing it and wouldn't think the fuel would be hitting the rings enough to sit there and deteriorate them. Trying to remedy this problem though. Mine are pretty old so maybe that's the issue but still wouldn't think they'd be resistant to that fuel? Where you guys at on this?

upload_2020-8-13_11-1-30.png

2K  20

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    10.949 @ 129.77 · 2G DSM
  2. jed344

jed344 Supporting VIP

Joined Jan 10, 2008
    Waterville, Iowa
    Never had that issue. I have replaced my hanger sealing ring though. How long did the fuel sit in the tank?

1K  38

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    awd · manual · 2G DSM
  3. v8s_are_slow

Joined Sep 30, 2002
    Panama City, Florida
    Maybe a month or so. I'm going to assume and HOPE maybe it's just the rings because they're pretty old. Just didn't know if this was a common issue or not.

2K  20

10.949 @ 129.77 · 2G DSM
  4. Mello

Mello Proven Member

Joined Jul 4, 2003
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Some materials used for making seals are volatile with E85 including E85 vapor. The seals do not have to be submerged to deteriorate.

v8s_are_slow likes this.
  5. v8s_are_slow

Joined Sep 30, 2002
    Panama City, Florida
    That's good to know.

2K  20

10.949 @ 129.77 · 2G DSM
  6. Mello

Mello Proven Member

Joined Jul 4, 2003