The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

Question For Dry 50 Shot

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hughes

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 16, 2004
Lancaster, Ohio
Alrighty guys, don't flame me too hard.
I searched around and couldn't find a single answer to what I wanted to know, although I learned a lot more than I thought I would.

I have a fair condition 1992 GS, 7, with no modifications done to it except a K&N with a custom fabricated metal filter shield from road debris.

I recently bought a 25 or 25 pound bottle and all the fixin's. I just wanted a few questions answered.
1) Will a 50 shot be safe and still give me a little ass? (Motor is in good shape.)
2) Is the set-up generally pretty easy to install? (I'm a good mechanic but brand new to nitrous)
3) Where should me fuel pressure be?
4)Stock injectors handle the pressure or should I buy something a little newer?
5) What supporting modifications should be done beforehand and which should I do just to be safe?
6) What do you suggest as far as modifications before I move up into a larger jet size?

Thanks a lot fellas! :thumb:

From NOS's website:
The Best Sport Compact Wet & Dry Systems

Owners of sport compacts can benefit from nitrous power, as NOS has developed safe, reliable and highly effective kits that produce from 40 to 60 hp for a large number of applications. Most of these employ "dry" injection technology, where the OEM fuel injection provides the required additional fuel to the motor only when the nitrous system is armed and activated at W.O.T. (wide open throttle). All systems provide excellent fuel/nitrous distribution to each cylinder. "Wet" type kits are offered for most turbocharged and supercharged applications due to the increased air velocity and extra heat from the forced induction. With over 20 years experience, NOS knows what it takes to make power... safely and reliably!

Mitsubishi
DRY - 05122NOS (A,B) 1.5-2.0L, EFI, non-turbo
DRY - 05122NOS (A,B) Eclipse, 1.8-2.0L non-turbo (to 1996)
DRY - 05122NOS (A,B) 3000GT, 3.0L, non-turbo
WET - 05208NOS (A,B) 3000GT turbo and Eclipse turbo

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
The EFI kits are designed for use with engines that are basically stock. A stock fuel pump should be adequate, however many pumps decline performance over the years and it is important to have a fuel pump that meets NEW specs. Use only premium grade pump gasoline (92+ octane) or unleaded racing fuel. In many instances, a high output ignition and free-flowing exhaust system may benefit performance. Do not use aftermarket chips or other devices that advance ignition timing, as detonation may occur.

1) Will a 50 shot be safe and still give me a little ass? (Motor is in good shape.)
Sure

2) Is the set-up generally pretty easy to install? (I'm a good mechanic but brand new to nitrous)
If you think you can't do it, take it to a shop. Here are the instructions for the Dry NOS kit
http://www.holley.com/data/Products/Technical/A5154-SNOS.pdf

3) Where should me fuel pressure be?
You have an adjustable fuel pressure regulator to adjust fuel pressure?

4)Stock injectors handle the pressure or should I buy something a little newer?
If you need to, get a higher flowing fuel pump. You can't just throw in injectors, you need something to control it.

5) What supporting modifications should be done beforehand and which should I do just to be safe?
Cat Back Exhaust.

6) What do you suggest as far as modifications before I move up into a larger jet size?
Don't spray more than a 50 shot on a stock block.

I hope this helps!

Last edited by a moderator:
:thumb: Thanks for the informative post bro, I did pick up the kit yesterday, it was a 25 pound bottle, all lines, WOT Switch, Noids, and I think a 50 jet.

I have been looking for a FPR but the cheapest I can find is 150 bucks, and I got the ENTIRE nitrous kit for 160 off of a totaled Civic Si. (Thread on its own!) I guess the only thing now is...

- What should the fuel pressure be set?
- How long will my 93,000 miled motor hold that?
- Where to find a cheap but reliable cat back and FPR?

Oh! And something important, I have a crack in my headers, I was wondering if I go ahead an upgrade to a set of new headers if that will have any effect on my setup?

25 pound bottle? OMG Damn!

Don't bother putting the nitrous with a crack in your headers, fix that first. 93,000 or any miled motor will hold as long as proper maintenance is done on it, especially belts and compression. There are many vendors who sell catbacks, check the parts catalog. Apexi WS is good for N/Ts.

Yeah I like having the biggest bottle in my entire city but, I can't find anywhere to hide that thing. You're not allowed to have n2o in Lancaster without a hazmat qualification form OSHAA. That sucks too because then get that I would have to pay for the clinics. Also, any ideas on where I can fit this thing? I thought about my hatch but it would get stolen in an instant. Yeah I am having some trouble finding ex. mani's. I think the 2g 4g63 headers will fit, at least logic would assume they would since they are the same motors, but I don't know about the underside, meaning the exhaust would bolt directly up and stuff? FPR, EX. Mani, Balance and Timing Belts, New Plugs, CAI, Cat Back anything else I am forgetting? Expensive ass car! Should be worth it though. :rocks:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back