The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Question about Tial 38mm external wastegate

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gsx ftw

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 5, 2008
510/408, California
I just picked up this 38mm (maybe 35? guy i bought it off of said 38, but it can't be either, right?) tial wastegate, and i had a question about it

on the flange that connects to the turbo, is the ring on the inside supposed to be flush with the flange? mine is off by a millimeter, maybe slightly less.

here's a pic of it

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

thanks

That ring is the seat for the valve, you should be able to pull it out carefully and clean the carbon off of it. As long as you put it back in level it will be pulled in flush to the housing as you tighten the flange up.

Hey

Are you talking about the valve? Cause, yeah its not supposed to be flush with the flange opening. It is receded just a little bit.

As for whether its a 35 or 38mm, just measure it. The 35's are a much older size.
38mm is the minimum now (and has been for a bit)

Cheers

brisvr4 had it right, but thanks anyway GUTSI.

i know that 35mm is old and discontinued, but i'm just not sure if this is the 38 or 35 since i bought it used.

it probably is the 38 though, the guy said he bought it within the last year.

Yes that ring will flush itself out when you tighten it down. You could clean it if you want to. I would also check the diaphram out before you install it. The Tial wastegate is a great gate. You will be happy with your purchase.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back