The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Question about this eclutchmaster STAGE 2 RACING CLUTCH KIT 450hp

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pursuit

15+ Year Contributor
Apr 3, 2007
las vegas, Nevada
I have used the Eclutchmaster clutches in 2 differnt vehicles both time, everything went well and I have had zero problems. I got both of mine from ebay for a good price. I got one for an old honda I had and it was a stage 1 and one for my eclipse and it was a stage 2, the only difference I could tell between stage 1 and Stage 2 tho, was the stage 2 had a nice yellow paint! haha....But I give there clutches a :thumb: goodluck!

I have used the Eclutchmaster clutches in 2 differnt vehicles both time, everything went well and I have had zero problems. I got both of mine from ebay for a good price. I got one for an old honda I had and it was a stage 1 and one for my eclipse and it was a stage 2, the only difference I could tell between stage 1 and Stage 2 tho, was the stage 2 had a nice yellow paint! haha....But I give there clutches a :thumb: goodluck!

Do you thing they realy hold 450Hp :confused:

About STAGE 2 RACING CLUTCH KIT 450hp this clutch can't hold 450HP it's slip like shit. Little more better than F1 Stage 3 and XDR stage 3.....

I run with ACT 2600 presure plate and 6 puck disk with my 60trim with out any sliping :)
I Highly recommended 2600 ACT clutch. :thumb:

We installed one on my buddies evo. clutch blew out after 5k miles. We swapped the clutch to a act2600 with a 6 puck and no problems. held awesome just like "boostedgsx1997" said. Clutch lasted a year with numerous races and a 6500 two step lauch, no problems till he totaled the car.:thumb:

We installed one on my buddies evo. clutch blew out after 5k miles. We swapped the clutch to a act2600 with a 6 puck and no problems. held awesome just like "boostedgsx1997" said. Clutch lasted a year with numerous races and a 6500 two step lauch, no problems till he totaled the car.:thumb:

Thanks i alredy have one for ebay shit cluches :notgood:

sorry i couldnt post earlier. i myself was going to buy the stage 3 clutch masters kit but i found a few theads where there clutch acutally disassembled and destroyed the trannys.
im going to try the act 2600. i loved how it grabbed in the evo.Keep us informed if the thing lasts long and you might have gotten a special clutch that wont junk out.:thumb:
"you get what you pay for"
i've learned the hard way.

sorry i couldnt post earlier. i myself was going to buy the stage 3 clutch masters kit but i found a few theads where there clutch acutally disassembled and destroyed the trannys.
im going to try the act 2600. i loved how it grabbed in the evo.Keep us informed if the thing lasts long and you might have gotten a special clutch that wont junk out.:thumb:
"you get what you pay for"
i've learned the hard way.

How much did you pay for your ACU 2600 and what disk you have.

It dosent state the prices on the act 2600 clutch with the 6 puck disk on the site anymore.
We ordered it off of GRUPPE-S
That was on the Evo 9 i havent yet ordered mine yet for my 2g. Ill probly get it from Extreme PSI the act 2600 kit/street disc and flywheel is $640. Same kit but a Findanza flywheel for $610. I dont know if you have a flywheel or not. Just the 2600 clutch kit is 420 for 4 puck. 440 for a 6 puck. and 466 for the street disc.
The package deal is the best ive found so far.

It dosent state the prices on the act 2600 clutch with the 6 puck disk on the site anymore.
We ordered it off of GRUPPE-S
That was on the Evo 9 i havent yet ordered mine yet for my 2g. Ill probly get it from Extreme PSI the act 2600 kit/street disc and flywheel is $640. Same kit but a Findanza flywheel for $610. I dont know if you have a flywheel or not. Just the 2600 clutch kit is 420 for 4 puck. 440 for a 6 puck. and 466 for the street disc.
The package deal is the best ive found so far.

I have fidanza flywheel.
I don't know what's it's the difference between street disk, 4 and 6 puck. How grab better?

As to what im told is a 4 puck is a more aggresive grab where the 6 puck is a smoother grab over the stock feeling. The street disc feels almost as stock but it grabs awesome. Never went wrong with a street disc out of my friends cars. im still on stock clutch with 67k.(not for long when dsmlink comes though wont hold to many lauches:cool:)

Good choice thats what im going to go with myself. If i wear that clutch out somehow or destroy it i guess im off to get the act 2900. ;) Also need to install LSD while i change the clutch. hope it works out good for you. Extreme psi is pretty cheap.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back