The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

quarteramster in a fwd

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turbo addict

15+ Year Contributor
Apr 17, 2005
Omaha, Nebraska
I bought off of the classifieds here a fwd 6bolt clutch, I noticed that it had some slight scuffing on the basket but thouht it may have been from the fork not being ground enough.

I installed it last night and the clutch jammed against the bellhousing where the output shaft sits and also alittle about 180* from there. With the clutch disingauged it would roll fine but it locked the starter.

So we tried to push start the car and as soon as you let the clutch out it would lock the front wheels. Also the motor would not turn with a 1/2 drive in the crank so it seems that the only issue is that it is hitting the inside of the tranny, the starter ring is fine and has no interference that we could see.

has anyone heard of this or does anyone have any ideas to fix it?? thanks

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back