The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

2g AWD Axels in a FWD

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave99gst

DSM Wiseman
Sep 8, 2002
plymouth, Michigan
2g AWD axels in a FWD ,if anyone was wondering.. it dont work/they dont fit . I heard that you can get AWD axels and jack shaft on 1g FWD's to reduce torque steer and was hoping ya could on a 2g.

Do you ahve both in yoru possession? Because then you could just compare them, but where they go in the tranny is probly a different location left to right in the car than the FWD models:(, so they probly arent the right length, but maybe.

Thread moved to drivetrain forum.

sorry bout posting in the wrong spot - they lenghts are diff from AWD to FWD ( ya gota use the AWD jack shaft to make up the diff ) but they go into the trans at the same spot.. the diff is the diameter on the AWD axels are smaller. Thats not to say it cant be done.. its just not worth it. You would have to have a custom axel made up for the passenger side, with a FWD CV joint and on the drivers side..ya would have to make the jack shaft larger to fit. ( a real PITA ) I only posted this info just so no one else trys to do it :) i didnt find info anywere on 2g axels and figured id pass it on.

Good post.

I was just about to ask this question, when I finally came across your post using the search.

:thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back