The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

FWD in a cyclone

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlazinCyclone

Probationary Member
Apr 1, 2004
forest park, Ohio
I just purchased a cyclone motor and trans for my 1g FWD eclipse and I need to know if I can use the transmission, without using the AWD part. I will eventually use the AWD but I do not have the money to convert it anytime soon? Please help! thanks

There are a few things that wont work. If you dont bolt up a transfer case then you wont go anywhere it will just spin the shaft that it would bolt too, so you are out of luck. You can get a FWD trans and use that but I believe that they use a different flywheel, correct me if I am wrong. Last a 1G cant be converted to AWD. The under body is alot different and the parts just wont fit, like they will on a 2G. hope that helps.

Michael
:laser: :talon:

If you have anymore questions sghoot me an AIM hissviper

Even if it is a selectable drive trans?? I cannot just hook up the fwd?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back