The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

ECMlink push connect fitting to gm style map sensor

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OH91awd

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 22, 2011
chillicothe, Ohio
i didnt know where this would be a good section to post in so if this isnt the right one feel free to move it.

im looking to get rid of all of my vacuum line and changing it all to push connect fittings. everything is super easy to run lines to except for the gm map sensor. looking to see if anyone else has done this and what they did to get everything to connect it all together. the only way i can think of im not sure how it would look and the only other option would be to change map sensors.

The turbo v8 guys usually grind the lip off of the nipple and slide a compresion fitting on, but I don't like that as I think it could be leak prone. I've also seen a mounting block made that the map mounted in, and had a 1/8" npt port to thread a fitting in. I'd be willing to make them if there was interest. I'm thinking it would cost $75ish to make them. Let me know.

The turbo v8 guys usually grind the lip off of the nipple and slide a compresion fitting on, but I don't like that as I think it could be leak prone. I've also seen a mounting block made that the map mounted in, and had a 1/8" npt port to thread a fitting in. I'd be willing to make them if there was interest. I'm thinking it would cost $75ish to make them. Let me know.
hmmm the mounting block sounds interesting. yea i would kinda question the compression fitting on that. i just had terrible luck trying to find anything on people making something work. i really didnt want to swap map sensors out but that was looking at my only other option but the block sounds like it would be nice.

Which type are you inquiring about, the old school one that is like 1.25"x3"x.7", or the modern tiny one, thats like 1"x1.5".5"? Does a 5bar og gm style map exist? I've had and used the old school large gm map in a 4bar since 2010. I don't really plan on going much about 43-44 psi so never looking into it.

Which type are you inquiring about, the old school one that is like 1.25"x3"x.7", or the modern tiny one, thats like 1"x1.5".5"? Does a 5bar og gm style map exist? I've had and used the old school large gm map in a 4bar since 2010. I don't really plan on going much about 43-44 psi so never looking into it.
ive got the og style omni 4 bar. i believe they make a 5 bar as well.

There is a guy on yellowbullet that makes a mounting block for old gm map sensors with 1/8npt threads for whatever fitting you want.
i found that last night. there hasnt been much update to his thread in a good while though. kurt made mention that hed be willing to make something similar though

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back