The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

ProStreet Race FMIC

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ronin17

20+ Year Contributor
Jan 18, 2003
Asheville, North_Carolina
I'm currently trying to get my car back together and I am having a little trouble with my FMIC install. I have the 2-216 kit from Prostreetonline.com and I am having a hard time seeing how they expect me to mount this thing.

When I put the FMIC up to the center mounting location the two metal support areas that are used for the bumper are in the way of the inlet and outlet of the FMIC. When I move the FMIC down to the other hole for mounting, the metal supports are still in the way.

I was wondering if anyone has had experience with this kit and could help me figure out how they mount this thing.

Thanks for any comments or help. I will get some pics up to help show what I am talking about.

Here's some pics.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Here you can see if I move the FMIC up the mounting location in the center where the bolt is, it hits the metal supports.

This is the mounting location I think they wanted me to use. Of course the supports are in the way.

The lower location would have to have holes drilled and tapped to secure the fmic, and even then it would still hit the metal supports

And finally this location would be dangerously low and require me to drill a hole in the center location.

So should I just try and remove the metal supports? Or am I missing something with the mounting locations?

Thanks!

stangtt said:
It looks upside down. The inlet and outlet should be on the bottom no??

I actually thought that myself, but after reviewing other pictures of other peoples kits (like http://people.clemson.edu/~nanthon/ic/index.htm) and the pictures on the website (when they still sold it), the fmic is right. I'm actually trying to get ahold of Prostreet and another person on these forums who has this kit.

I'm about to just take the sawzall and cut those stupid metal supports off! :mad:

i don't know, it looks a bit upside down to me.

have you checked every type of way of fitting it in. Are there any flow marks?

Looking at your pics, you do have it upside down. Try and see how the piping will route with the inlet and outlet on top. I could be wrong. But I don't think so.

I got a email from someone who has already installed this kit and found out that the metal brackets just unbolt from the car! :laugh:

So now that they are out of the way, the fmic can bolt up to the car without a problem. Thanks for the help guys, hopefully this will be the last obstacle I have to get around to get my car back together. :thumb:

Just had to quickly add this:

A few more things to do and I should finally have it off the jackstands! :thumb:

stangtt said:
:thumb: Glad it was simple fix. Its a trade off for some crash protection though. No front bumper support on that puppy! Post up some more pics with the piping. ;)

Yeah, not having a bumper anymore kind of sucks, but then again this isn't a daily driver anymore, that's what the evo is for ;)

Here's a pic of the piping and sbr-gt30r (which was freakin hard to get in).

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back