The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2G Prosport EVO gauges with DSMLink v3

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

USAF 98 GSX

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 17, 2012
Ladson, South_Carolina
Alright so for the past few days I have debated whether or not I want to attempt to wire my Prosport EVO W/B and EVO Boost gauges with DSMLink. I have searched and found multiple threads about Prosport's W/B with Link and to my understanding it is possible since the EVO series gauges have a 0-5V output compared to Prosport's other 0-3.5V gauges. Is this true or am I reading the threads wrong?

Also I found NOTHING regarding wiring of the EVO electronic Boost gauge with Link. I sent Prosport an email asking the output voltage of this boost gauge. So if I do receive an email stating that the output voltage is 0-5V, would I be able to set up their MAP sensor using DSMLink's Linear Boost setup??

linearitems [ECMTuning - wiki]

Any information or clarification of this would be greatly appreciated??

By the way my setup is a '95 ECU, 98 GSX, Link v3

Update: Prosport EVO series Red/Blue Wideband setup works great with ECMLink. Obviously I had to use LinWideband on my Rear O2 input. Very accurate and reliable Wideband. Highly recommended

Update: Prosport EVO series Red/Blue Wideband setup works great with ECMLink. Obviously I had to use LinWideband on my Rear O2 input. Very accurate and reliable Wideband. Highly recommended

I've been interested in the EVO prosports for a while. I have read that there are more accurate gauges out there that I should use when I get link with my tax return. How hard was it to wire up the EVO's?

Basically attach the analog output black wire to ground and brown wire to rear o2 pin and viola.

Regarding the rest of the EVO gauges, I also have the boost and oil pressure gauge. Dead accurate gauges. I've installed all of my EVO gauges recorded values then replaced them with a friends LC1 WB, AEM Boost and an AEM oil pressure gauge and they were nearly identical. The only gauge that is hard to e definitely 100% sure is the Wideband. Obviously due to the fact the variables won't be EXACTLY the same during both tests. However, the oil pressure and boost gauges read exactly the same values. These gauges are definitely worth the price. Just take the time to install them correctly and you won't have a problem.

I have the oil pressure, water temp, and boost gauges. I've been waiting on a review for the wideband to get one because my AEM uego sticks out like a sore thumb. Now that it's proven that the wideband works good with link it's time to switch over.

How much are you willing to let your AEM go for. My neighbor needs one.

I'm not logging any other gauge but the Wideband. I will be switching to SD soon. But did you want to know what the offset value was?

Ill let the pics talk. Notice the AFEst vs Prosport.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I initially didn't have Narrowband Sim activated, but funny enough when I went outside to take these pics my o2 sensor is shot. Lol so I had to set up NS. Coincidence. Every gauge Wideband module will be slightly different when it comes to the user imputed values. But I sat there for about 30 mins making sure the value I selected was the most accurate, in regards to idles, cruise, and WOT readings. It definitely helped having someone in the passenger seat reading off the captured AFR while I was looking at the gauge. Let me know how it works.

In regards to the boost gauge, I really didn't look into it. But when I go SD ill have the boost gauge for personal use and the GM MAP sensor for logging purposes.

I'll be giving this a try this weekend. Thanks for the headstart. I am going to wire my wideband to the front O2 ECU input via a switch that I can use to select between wideband and OEM O2 sensor, and change settings in ECMLink accordingly. This will allow me some troubleshooting options that are easy to implement. Like you, my boost gauge will be for display and I will be replacing my stock MDP sensor with a Omni 4-bar Mitsu-style MAP sensor, plugs straight into factory connector.

Well, I wired my Prosport EVO wideband into my rear O2 input, and replaced my stock MDP sensor for the Mitsubishi style Omni 4 bar and defined/mapped them in ECMLink. As previously noted, this wideband seems to be very accurate. I decided against doing the switchable O2 sensor inputs since I wanted to see the OEM O2 switching without running narrowband simulation. Everything is working great and now I have all the tools to tune! :hellyeah:

Awesome good to hear. I have to run NB sim until my broke as buys a new 02 sensor. The narrowband isn't as accurate during cruise and half throttle pulls. Obviously WOT it doesn't matter but I've notice I cruise at 14.9 - 15.1 . But maybe a mile or two more on on my MPG. Lol

It's nice to hear these gauges work for those whom might be on a tighter budget, thanks for the info!

It's nice to hear these gauges work for those whom might be on a tighter budget, thanks for the info!

Tighter budget?? I don't see how these are less quality compared to the rest since especially since i put them head to head with an AEM setup and they performed great. Budget gauges in my opinion would consist of Autozone gauges or maybe glow shift gauges. A Prosport Wideband costs $200 by itself, so it's not really a budget gauge.

The Prosport EVO series gauges are definitely NOT "budget" gauges. I have the wideband and the boost gauges and they are both very quick and extremely accurate. I am logging the wideband output and an Omni 4-bar for boost and the gauges match point for point when comparing. And of course it doesn't hurt that these are some of the best looking gauges IMHO that I've yet seen.

Basically attach the analog output black wire to ground and brown wire to rear o2 pin and viola.

I know its been a long time since you posted this thread. I have this same gauge and I'm all through with the install minus tapping into pin #4 (1g) for the ecu. I don't have a rear o2 sensor and I'm planning on using the factory o2 housing for wideband. (From what I have read many people have done this with no repercussions.) Do I use the Brown wire (wideband) or green wire (narrowband) ? And configure on link.

Wideband wire. And when using Link, I recommend setting your switching voltage to around 2.39 .

Set the narrowband simulator and the gauge talks to link and works well. The only thing my tuner can't figure out is what wideband option to choose for logging. I noticed your title for the gauge on DSMlink already says "ProSport WB" he says you must of chosen one of the widebands on the list then changed the name to "ProSport WB" wich option did you choose and does it matter?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back