The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Problems getting monitors to set. 1997 GSX

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yepez12

Probationary Member
May 10, 2020
El cajon, California
I have a 1997 gsx. Car is mostly stock, i have been having trouble getting the monitors to set. I used to have a check engine light. I replaced both O2 sensors and check engine light is no longer coming on, but monitors still wont set. I also replaced the fuel filter, spark plugs and also replaced the stock exhaust manifold with a brand new fp ported manifold due to the oem one being cracked. Tried to set the monitors after that and still did not set. I then smoke tested the engine and found that there was a leak on what appears to be a valve or filter (picture attached) right before the canister. I bypassed that by just using a longer vacuum line and an adapter and drove the car some more, but still cant get the monitors to set. I noticed that there is some blow by. When at idle car smokes a little and smells like its running a little rich. I visually inspected the turbo and found that there is no play and its not leaking. When replacing manifold noticed some oil on exhaust port #4. Im thinking about replacing valve seals next since its cheaper than replacing the piston rings. Please give me some feedback and opinions as to where else I could look or if im going in the right direction. Thanks.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back