1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Primer parts or dented parts.

Posted by isaiah, Dec 26, 2010

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned
  1. isaiah

isaiah Proven Member

Joined Feb 21, 2009
    Carlsbad, New Mexico
    Ok, well my white DSM has a good amount of body damage. IMHO I think dents make aq car look like sh**. They ar epretty bad. The passanger quarter panel and fender are messes up and the rear bumper has kinda big dent. I was wanting to replace them but i don't have money to paint them yet. I plan on painting to whole car eventually. So should I get new primer parts or wait to get them painted or wait till i just get the wholl car painted to replace the parts? Just wondering some other peoples opinions on it. would primer parts look better then the dented parts i have now?
    Sorry, i didn't know in what section to put this in

735  0

1991 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 1G DSM
  2. BLINKY619

BLINKY619 Proven Member

Joined Feb 26, 2010
    SAN DIEGO, California
    primered parts... it will look ugly for a bit but thats just untill you decide to paint it...

542  0

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    manual · 2G DSM
  3. 1badpurple

1badpurple Proven Member

Joined Jul 15, 2010
    lillian, Alabama
    I'm rocking all primer right now..... well until next week when it goes into paint. Its all about how much you hate the look of primer. Just remember to seal the primer or you be in trouble later.

4. bastarddsm

bastarddsm Proven Member

Joined Aug 26, 2003
    Mendota, Illinois
    Remember, the quarter panel is not a bolt on part. You'll have to fix that on the car. Also, driving you car with straight parts on it untill your ready to fix it all give it more time to screw up your nice parts.

Showcar Build 5K  1

1991 Eagle Talon N/T
    9.805 @ 144.00 · 1G DSM
  5. 1badpurple

1badpurple Proven Member

Joined Jul 15, 2010
    lillian, Alabama
    Main question is are you prepared to look like mine?

Attached Files:

6. isaiah

isaiah Proven Member

Joined Feb 21, 2009
    Carlsbad, New Mexico
    I don't mind the look of primer. I don't like the look of my dents though. I believe they are sealed and but are a darker gray, almost black. That's what my friend told me about the place i'm going to get them at. I know the quarter panel isn't a bolt on. I was going to remove it aand get a shop to weld it on if I can't get a friend to weld. It may be a while before i can paint it because i'm a broke college student. I'll post some pictures of it when i get a chance.

735  0

1991 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 1G DSM
  7. Black Widow97

Black Widow97 Proven Member

Joined Sep 2, 2010
    Oxbow, North Dakota
    Go with the primer panels for now. Primer looks better than beat up panels IMO.

2K  0

1997 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    12.943 @ 112.280 · 2G DSM
  8. NeMiZiS

NeMiZiS Supporting VIP

Joined Jul 25, 2007
    Palmer, Alaska
    My 2g is all primer gray and it looks sexy!
    [​IMG]

dtalon.jpg

Street Build 1K  3

1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · automatic · 1G DSM

818  1

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse N/T
    manual · 1G DSM
  9. simple jake

simple jake Proven Member

Joined Jul 13, 2009
    Palmdale, California
    You could just get the new parts, do a rattlecan paint job for now. I've done a gloss black krylon spray paint job on a friends jeep before and it came out looking pretty good. I'll see if I can get some pictures of it.

10. rich3389

rich3389 Proven Member

Joined Dec 27, 2006
    Ocean springs, Mississippi
    Doesnt really matter, they both look bad.

817  10

1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 1G DSM