The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

PowerRevRacing thermal throttle body gasket.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bradikus7

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 8, 2008
Columbus, Ohio
Well I just got my gasket in the mail and there is no way it is correct. I ordered for a 1G throttle body, as this is what I'll be using and according to my calipers, this opening is less than 51mm. Anybody who has purchased this before, can you confirm that it even looked the same as this one?

Those two little extra holes don't even line up with anything. :notgood:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Sounds like you should contact the company. That's smaller than the 2g bore!

Yeah I know, that's what I'm saying. I've already emailed them. Just trying to be 100%. Even the tag as you can see says 1G 4g63 Turbo/non turbo. Should be like 58-60mm right?

I've always just used that gasket making material you can buy at autozone for my throttle body, jpipe, and even my oil return gasket. Seals up perfect and cost like $5 for a huge roll. That's if you don't mind cutting your own gaskets.

Unfortunately I don't have a picture on hand, but I know for a fact that is not the TB gasket I received when I ordered the same one. I also ordered a a TB elbow gasket.

My dsm is about an hour away, so Ill try to get my friend to take a picture of it for me.

The TB gasket diameter was perfect match with my 1g Turbo TB, so 60mm. Also it did not come with those two holes on the side. It was a solid piece with 5 holes, one for each bolt and the middle 60mm diameter hole.

I think they might packaged the wrong TB for your application.

I took this picture from their ebay story. Notice how the inner diameter is large enough it passes the bolt holes on each side. Its clearly a larger diameter and for 1g application. Mine looks exactly like this:

By the way my TB elbow gasket looks like this, I also use a ETS elbow:

Thank you agentorange313, this is exactly what I thought. I emailed the ebay store only to be informed that this is the correct gasket from P2R and it fits 1st gen only and I can return for a refund. :notgood: I can't even find a gasket that looks like the one I have on anybody's website. I'm not very happy at this point.

Also, I just checked the auction again and it even says "Actual Images of item are shown above"

Thank you agentorange313, this is exactly what I thought. I emailed the ebay store only to be informed that this is the correct gasket from P2R and it fits 1st gen only and I can return for a refund. :notgood: I can't even find a gasket that looks like the one I have on anybody's website. I'm not very happy at this point.

Also, I just checked the auction again and it even says "Actual Images of item are shown above"

That is all such BS. Sounds like an idiot is running the show over at P2R. Left hand doesnt know what the right hand is doing. The gasket might fit, but its clearly not for the application.

They are clearly not selling the product depicted.

Do they have a website? or anything beside a ebay store?
Edit: NVM I found it Also took a look at their spacers also, none look like the one you were sent:
http://www.powerrevracing.com/category-s/1884.htm?searching=Y&sort=11&cat=1884&show=450&page=1

also no contact info.....

Does this look familiar? Here is what you actually got.

Wow, thanks for that. You are exactly right. I'm going to email them that photo.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back