The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

Power Steering Rack and Pinion Hard Lines, Part # or New Replacement?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Car Cannibal

20+ Year Contributor
Jun 7, 2003
Chicago, Illinois
Both my 1G's have rusted lines that are leaking, one way worse than the other. I've been searching on here but the part # for the rack lines hasn't popped up, just the lines going to and from the rack to the pump. Any help with this?

I'd prefer not to replace the whole rack in one of the cars since it's our beater with 147k.

If nothing shows up I can just pull off the rack lines and have a local Hydraulic Shop make them but I didn't even see that in the searches from other members, seems as if some just cut and splice lines in. :aha:

Thanks, just ran across this website that has the break down and Mitsubishi Part #'s.

Vehicle- spare parts for CHRYSLER LASER/TALON 1989-1994 19 STEERING - Catalog of vehicle spare parts and prices on-line

1G Part #'s

MB501433 = $44.77
MB501434 = $43.09
MB315228 = $8.98 = Rack rubber bushing or cushion
MB553143 = ? = FWD hard line into front of Rack
MB553145 = $23.04 = AWD hard line into front of Rack

These are prices from my local Mitsubishi Dealer in IL, these are still available and an option for those of us who don't need to replace the rack or don't really want to.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back