The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Powdercoating compressor housings???

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

99gst_racer

Apr 5, 2003
Coloma, Michigan
Has anybody powdercoated the compressor housing of their turbo? I know it may sound stupid, but I take my car to shows and think it would look good under the hood. I have a guy that does powdercoating for me for cheap. I just need to know if it is possible w/o damaging anything. If anyone has ever done it or has pics, please chime in. Thanks.

it shouldnt hurt anything as long as you just do the outside. make sure that he can use a powdercoat that wont flake from the heat.

Looks like either Black Wrinkle, Chrome Smoke, or Slate Web, hard to tell.

i thought about powdercoating my housing also... i talked to the powder coaters about it... and they told me to be carefull... if the part that your powder coating exceeds i think 275 degrees... that is when the powder begins to soften... so... just my 2 cents... i polished mine instead...

Anything metal can be coated, especially turbo inlets. The above picture is done in silver vein. It is a real hot color. We actually have 2 versions of silver vein- One has more silver than black and the other has more black than silver. We can also do turbine housings (hot side) in high temp powder coat. Good to withstand up to 1000 degrees. Colors availabe in high temp are black, silver, factory gray and stainless steel.

and i can vouch for their work(boneheads), my valve cover is beautiful. after 6mo and hot cali weather, oil and dirt it still looks like the day i got it in the mail. whenever i need PC, ill go through them.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back