The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

PLX M250 install questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2gGSX

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 15, 2004
St. Louis, Missouri
I've been looking through the online user's guide as well as the narrowband emulation guide and had a few questions.

1. On page 2 (step 6) of the user's guide it says to wire up 0.1 uf 50 volt ceramic capacitors in series with what looks like the ground, narrowband wire and the 5v wideband output. Am I reading that wrong or does it actually say splice a wire between narrowband/ground and wideband/ground then put the capacitors into the spliced wires? Is this even necessary?

2. On the narrowband emulation guide it says to install a 20 ohm 10 watt resistor to avoid the the CEL for front O2 heater. Where do I actually install this at?

3. I was reading a thread about the plx install and had a question about this post: http://www.dsmlink.com/forums/showpost.php?p=69196&postcount=20
He states that the grey wire (narrowband emulation) should be spliced to the pin 76 wire, however that's the secondary O2 sensor signal. Shouldn't the grey wire be spliced into pin 75 (primary O2 sensor signal)? The vfaq page states that 76 is actually the front O2 sensor but the PLX pdf (here says that pin 75 is the front O2. Which one is correct? My Haynes does not have an ECU pinout.

4. Should I wire this into the MDP input (pin 73?)? What is the actual purpose of that sensor anyways? A lot of people seem to use it without problem, especially because the M250 has a high-impedence output and the MDP circuit has high resistance. What do I do with the sensor? Do I just leave it plugged in in the engine bay and cut the pin 73 wire then splice the wideband output to that?

5. Finally, what do I do with the stock O2 sensor harness? Do I just disconnect it from the harness and leave the harness in the engine bay alone?

Sorry for all the questions but I want to make sure I install this correctly the first time and don't damage anything.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back