The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

Please help.. bad raw gas smell

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

josh38127

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 2, 2009
Memphis, Tennessee
:notgood:Well I'm Back. My car will not rev above 3000rpms.It will surges and backfires going down the road. I can smell raw gas and see black smoke. 1,2,4 plugs black and shooty 3 is kind of white .My has car has all the vacum removed and EGR blocked off. My MBC is only set to 8lbs. Could a fault Fuel reg be to blame. Its the stocker.

Last edited:
Well you're obviously running pig rich.

Why? That's another good question. I don't see a bad o2 causing an issue of THAT magnitude, and unless you've got mods not listed in your profile, I don't see a REASON for it to be that rich.

It's always unwise to turn up the boost without having the correct equipment to properly tune with (ie. wideband or logger). Maybe your issues lies in there.

I'd do a thorough BLT and go from there.

I forgot to install my new pvc and buy a check valve..<-- My Boost leak. Thanks guys... I really feel dumb. :)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back