The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Pics of my nitrous set up

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SPEED-RACER 97

20+ Year Contributor
Jun 1, 2002
Aurora, Colorado
did this thursday, took me ten hours becasue it was my frist time doing anything like this, and I wanted to make it look decent--give me your honest opinion--if you think
I suck at this and should not be allowed around a car, please tell me. If you like it--then tell me that too!
Pic 1:Bottle set up
Pic 2:purge button
Pic 3:Bottle heater and system arm switches (yes I know my cupholer is dirty, I plan on buying all new interior pieces later in the summer
Pic 4:Engine Bay close
Pic 5:Engine Bay whole

Attachments

• Nitrous 001.jpg
    Nitrous 001.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 2,679
  • Nitrous 002.jpg
    Nitrous 002.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 2,669
  • Nitrous 003.jpg
    Nitrous 003.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 2,654
  • Nitrous 004.jpg
    Nitrous 004.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 2,660
  • Nitrous 005.jpg
    Nitrous 005.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 2,641
Yea it's only a 50 shot. And sorry to be an ass and ride a dead horse, but, NOS is a brand, I have a nitrous kit frim Nitrous Express. Sorry its just something that makes me cringe everytime I hear it. LOL damn I'm anal.

SPEED-RACER 97 said:
Yea it's only a 50 shot. And sorry to be an ass and ride a dead horse, but, NOS is a brand, I have a nitrous kit frim Nitrous Express. Sorry its just something that makes me cringe everytime I hear it. LOL damn I'm anal.

ummm do you use a Band-Aid, or an adhesive bandage? do you use a kleenex? What about Off or Coke? these are all things whose brand names have been taken as the name for the general product, no matter who makes it. it bugs me a little bit too, but its not worth correcting people over it.

back on topic, very nice install. question for you, how hard was it to run the nitrous line fron the bottle through that part of the trunk? and how hard was it to mount the bottle there? is it easy to access the bottom? like from below the car? because i have mine mounted right in front of it(if facing the trunk from the back) and i ran my line out of the bottom of the spare tire well. but i was told that it wouldnt pass the track inspection, and a blow down tube wouldnt reach out of the car. so i need to move it to there. was it hard to mount? thanks

oh and dont worry about the 10 hour install, it took me somewhere in that time range too. but now i believe i could install the same kit in 2 hours since i know what to do now. enjoy the NOS :p

oh yeah, and your probably gonna wanna raise that shot too... it only took me spraying twice to raise mine to a 65 shot, i thought the 50 was weak... I ordered new plugs tuesday, but napa retardedly never sent the order in, so i had to reorder them today, when i get the new plugs i will be bumping it up to a 75 shot. should get them this comeing tuesday... SHOULD

the setup underneath your hood of the lines is really clean, mine's a big cluster ####

GSGoinFast said:
ummm do you use a Band-Aid, or an adhesive bandage? do you use a kleenex? What about Off or Coke? these are all things whose brand names have been taken as the name for the general product, no matter who makes it. it bugs me a little bit too, but its not worth correcting people over it.

back on topic, very nice install. question for you, how hard was it to run the nitrous line fron the bottle through that part of the trunk? and how hard was it to mount the bottle there? is it easy to access the bottom? like from below the car? because i have mine mounted right in front of it(if facing the trunk from the back) and i ran my line out of the bottom of the spare tire well. but i was told that it wouldnt pass the track inspection, and a blow down tube wouldnt reach out of the car. so i need to move it to there. was it hard to mount? thanks

oh and dont worry about the 10 hour install, it took me somewhere in that time range too. but now i believe i could install the same kit in 2 hours since i know what to do now. enjoy the NOS :p

Good point I guess, I don't know the shit just erks me. Well I'm a total Idiot and I mounted the bottle with the outlet on the passenger side, then I had to take appart the back seat and carpet area to route the line under the driver side door sill. I guess its not that bad, just that I thought of it after I mounted the bottle. No, nothing was in the way of mounting the bottle on that little "platform" I guess you could call it. It was easy to get to the bottom since I was at a shop with a lift. The blow down tube wasnt hard, just gotta kinda line it up with the bottle and then marke a hole, make sure nothing is in the way on the bottom, and drill the hole. As you can see in the pics, the blow down tube was not long enough, so I added some fuel line with a hose clamp to make it long enough. Oh yea, Dont forget to put a rubber gromet around the hole. I still need to do the wiring on monday, thats the hard part for me, so I'm actually gonna have the guy at the shop help me. (actually Im going to trick him into doing it for me!)

Woo Hoo. Got all my electrical issues worked out. my cars dyno was pitiful--DAMN YOU ATX DAMN YOU!!!!! I dynoed at 95hp/95tq N/A and 145hp/151tq on a 50shot. It was also 98* outside and at 51xxft above sea level. It was a rush using it for the first time, made me want more but I think I'm going to try and exercise some self control and keep it at 50.

SPEED-RACER 97 said:
Woo Hoo. Got all my electrical issues worked out. my cars dyno was pitiful--DAMN YOU ATX DAMN YOU!!!!! I dynoed at 95hp/95tq N/A and 145hp/151tq on a 50shot. It was also 98* outside and at 51xxft above sea level. It was a rush using it for the first time, made me want more but I think I'm going to try and exercise some self control and keep it at 50.

wow, a true 50 shot? is that hp so low cause of automatic, is that what atx is? i couldnt control myself, i moved it to a 65 after one shot, and im moving it to 75 tomarrow.

Yes, all NX systems are guarnteed(sp?) to make with in 2% of the claimed horsepower at the wheels, I think NOS and ZEX do it at the flywheel. Yea the numbers are so low because I'm auto and 5100 feet above sea level and air temperature was 98*. I'm gonna keep it at 50 for now maybe later I'll up it to 75, but later on when I have a built block, I plan on running a 100-125 shot, but thats a ways down the road.

That install looks great IMO and I have done quite a few of them, my hats off to you. Glad to see your making the power with the kit as well (I have always said they make within 2% but nobody believes me) that 50hp shot should give you quite the kick in the pants really.. How does it go now ?

Damn, when I flip the switch at WOT my ass just gets planted in my seat. I know that with 145hp/151tq my car is no race car, but damn it sure is a whole lot more fun to drive now, even without the bottle just knowing I have it there. and lasy night I beat my friends turbo civic(his front wheel was at my rear). I can't wait to rebuild and up the shot.

SPEED-RACER 97 said:
Damn, when I flip the switch at WOT my ass just gets planted in my seat. I know that with 145hp/151tq my car is no race car, but damn it sure is a whole lot more fun to drive now, even without the bottle just knowing I have it there. and lasy night I beat my friends turbo civic(his front wheel was at my rear). I can't wait to rebuild and up the shot.

its a beautiful thing isnt it? im still undefeated when im spraying. my comp hasnt been too great, with the exception of one. i beat a kid at my school who has a 91 CRX... and he did a $5000 engine swap to it. i dont know what he swapped in cause he wouldnt tell me before, he likes to "keep it secret". haha but now i dont car, its nothing special! that made my year right there. oh and then my car shut off :confused: haha but my baby is ok

im no longer undefeated while spraying :(

... i lost to a new mustang cobra OMG OMG yes im retarded

GSGoinFast said:
im no longer undefeated while spraying :(

... i lost to a new mustang cobra OMG OMG yes im retarded

Retarded is an understatement. j/k, Im just messin with ya. I wanna know how my car would do if I went up against a 4.6 mustang? with a 75 shot of course. Im pretty sure I can eat ponys now, but I wanna be able to take a mustang GT, then I'll be happy.

Hey I beat a Mustang GT Friday night! Of course it was a 6 cylinder but still, he was very sad when he had no chance! And to top it off I am a 1990 Subaru Legacy Wagon. With a 80 shot of NO2. I was pulling 15.3's but should have been at least a 14.99 but my stock clutch was NOT HAPPY with the extra power.

And when it comes to installs, who cares how it looks, care about how it WORKS!

SPEED-RACER 97 said:
Woo Hoo. Got all my electrical issues worked out. my cars dyno was pitiful--DAMN YOU ATX DAMN YOU!!!!! I dynoed at 95hp/95tq N/A and 145hp/151tq on a 50shot. It was also 98* outside and at 51xxft above sea level. It was a rush using it for the first time, made me want more but I think I'm going to try and exercise some self control and keep it at 50.[/QUOTE

THOSE ARE PRETTY LOW DYNO NUMBERS. IS THAT THE SOHC VERSION? THE DOHC SHOULD BE MAKING AT LEAST 125 TO THE WHEELS STOCK.

bkblazen2003 said:
THOSE ARE PRETTY LOW DYNO NUMBERS. IS THAT THE SOHC VERSION? THE DOHC SHOULD BE MAKING AT LEAST 125 TO THE WHEELS STOCK.

Obviously you didn't look at his pictures. And obviously you didn't read that he has an automatic.

Nice job on the install. Bottle placement is okay, but I personally prefer a North/South position for better feed to the pickup tube. But that'll work too. :thumb:

bkblazen2003 said:
SPEED-RACER 97 said:
Woo Hoo. Got all my electrical issues worked out. my cars dyno was pitiful--DAMN YOU ATX DAMN YOU!!!!! I dynoed at 95hp/95tq N/A and 145hp/151tq on a 50shot. It was also 98* outside and at 51xxft above sea level. It was a rush using it for the first time, made me want more but I think I'm going to try and exercise some self control and keep it at 50.[/QUOTE

what 97 non spyder ever came with a sohc? its auto, 1, it was hot, 2, and its quite a bit above sea level, well higher then me. those are 3 big things that will kill hp numbers

Nice looking install BUT I love my cup holder!!!!!!!!!! i couldn't live with switches being in there...

If I ever use no2 on my car it will be to bump it over the 550 whp mark with the new turbo :D

Umm speed racer... so basically you're running nitrous on a stock Non-Turbo, Automatic Eclipse..... can i say you're going to rip your drivetrain and engine internals, and no sorry you have NO CHANCE of beating a Mustang GT with that car...

Well i guess you're not completely stock.. but what a waste of money.

flip4fzL said:
Umm speed racer... so basically you're running nitrous on a stock Non-Turbo, Automatic Eclipse..... can i say you're going to rip your drivetrain and engine internals, and no sorry you have NO CHANCE of beating a Mustang GT with that car...

Well i guess you're not completely stock.. but what a waste of money.

i've been running nitrous on my non-turbo automatic mitsu for a while now, and i know a bunch of other people who have. no problems. you only start ripping through it when you become an idiot with it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back