The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

1G Passenger side axle broken @ inner CV. CV housing stuck!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iwlbnrvp

Probationary Member
Oct 19, 2002
Elmont_NY
I got 2 new axles for my '90 Laser RS, and installed driver side no problem thanks to vfaq. The passenger side axle broke off at inner cv joint. I got the axle out of the hub with ease but the cv joint housing seems to be stuck in tranny . I've tried to pry it off w/big screwdriver but no luck. What can I do?
:confused:

-Try a pry bar like this, be careful with the oil seal on the tranny, rest the tip of the pry bar on the axel side then pry from different spots.

I've tried to dislodge this cv housing which remained behind when the rest of the axle broke away from it. I went to Sears and got a 17" Craftsman prybar and still no go! I am stuck and don't know what to do. Any body out there encounter this problem before?!!!???!!!:cry:

-There's a washer on the tip of the axel, it lock on to the tranny inside, try to rotate the axel and pry on it , I had a tough time on that same side last time, but I got it out.

After trying to prybar this sucker out using my hand, foot everything, it still did not budge. I know I bent the prybar some!
Here's what I did to get it out. Understanding that the clip was holding the housing in, I gently tapped the bottom of the cv housing with a small hammer upward and on an angle while I was prying. After 2 or 3 taps it popped out. WHEW!! Thanks for all the help!!!
:thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back