The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

Parts store's front engine mount (#8103)=wrong bolt spacing

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toofast82

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 8, 2005
Tinley Park, Illinois
I haven't really been on this forum much in the past 3years after selling my last DSM and picking up an SRT-4. I used to be somewhat active on here, as some of you may remember me.

Anyways.. I picked up DSM #5 for myself last week to use as a daily beater/winter car. It's a 92 Laser turbo fwd w/ auto trans

I went to repair the front engine mount on the car the other day as it was trashed. I went to my local Advance Auto to order the mount and it showed part# 8103 for all years 90-94 and showed this part # as the replacement for fwd and awd as well as the non turbo 2.0.. If i recall i think i even had him look up for a 1.8 and i believe it also had the same part # listed.
Unfortunately, when i went to compare the mount to the old one, I noticed the bolt spacing on the two bolts was off.. With the new mount from advance's bolt spacing being shorter distance from each other than the original mount, by roughly 1/2".

I then proceeded to go the local Autozone and they called for the same mount part #8103 and same Anchor company. I then went to my NAPA and the part number they called for in the computer for the vehicle happened to be a direct cross reference to the 8103 mount that Advance and Autozone had as the replacement.. I didn't want to bother honestly to wait to get the mount on special order only to find out that the bolt spacing is off like the ones from the other two stores.

Unfortunately, I didn't bother at the time to take pictures of the difference between the two mounts for everyone to see.
As a quick solution to get the new mount on the car, I ended up just welding the new mount to the bracket that the mount sits on.

I just wanted to give a heads up if this may help someone in the future that may run into this same scenario. If you don't have access to a welder or don't want to bother modifying it to fit, you may simply have to get it at the dealer to get one with the correct bolt spacing

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back