The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

p1390 cel code

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocker_topper

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 11, 2012
marianna, Florida
Ok got the rebuild done car runs good except that at around 4k rpms the engine wants to sputter some. Got a Cel code of P1390, which when researched resulted in me discovering it ment that the timing was off by about 1-2 teeth. now at low rpms the car runs great idling and from there to around 4k rpms. so before I tear that side of the motor apart and make a day of retiming this thing is there anything else it could be that was plural obvious its stupid? Is just really hate to tear attack down if I didnt have to. also in the event I do have to tear it apart what's the best puller to use to get the crankshaft pulley off? last time that's the only thing I had any trouble with. ended up breaking the old pulley and had to replace it. Can't afford a repeat LOL. thanks again guys! You have been awesome with info on this rebuild. my first ever engine rebuild and between you guys here and my Haynes manual its been fairly easy. LOL

What all have you done to your car? I just tried looking at your profile to check out your mod list but didn't see one. :(

Its all factory man. Just eye apealing i guess. couldnt pass it up reallyfor 1500 bucks. its my first dsm and im loving it after the engine rebuild but still wanting a gsx LOL. ill post a few pics

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back