1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

2G P1105 revisited

Posted by Kruthers, May 30, 2019

Please Support VR Speed Factory
Please Support ExtremePSI
  1. Kruthers

Kruthers Probationary Member

Joined May 8, 2019
    Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
    I'm getting P1105 for the 2nd or 3rd time in the life of this car, can't quite remember. Can't seem to find a fuel pressure solenoid for sale anywhere these days, and can't just ignore the CEL (I'm in a yearly inspection state).

So I had an idea... somewhere I read that there should be 40 ohms across a good solenoid, so was thinking about just connecting up a fat 40 ohm resistor instead to fake out the ECU. Anyone tried that before?

2. Hickory-NC-2Ggsx

Hickory-NC-2Ggsx Proven Member

Joined Dec 27, 2018
    Lincolnton, North Carolina
    Try calling miller imports. He has a junkyard of 2g cars, and usually has that stuff in stock.

Street Build 281  1

Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    manual · 4G63t Swapped

Street Build 612  1

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    awd · manual · 2G DSM
  3. motomattx

motomattx Proven Member

Joined Dec 9, 2010
    wampum, Pennsylvania
    Put 12v on the solenoid and see if you can blow through it, and then its blocked when the power is removed.

Drag Race Build 3K  24

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM
  4. Kruthers

Joined May 8, 2019
    Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
    Cool, thanks for the tip. I'll call them if all else fails...

5. Kruthers

Joined May 8, 2019
    Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
    I did try that before and it seemed to work; it would click when voltage is put across and it had the correct resistance when I checked that. I just assumed it's going bad intermittently, flaking out. The car doesn't throw the code right away after clearing...

6. Kruthers

Joined May 8, 2019
    Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
    For future reference, in case anybody else has the same wise idea I had about replacing this solenoid with a resistor... it does NOT work. I had a bunch of high wattage resistors and tried a bunch of different values, from 40 ohm to 150 or so.

No idea what the ecu does to detect that sensor, but it isn't simple enough to fall for this trick. In the end I just bought yet another one of these stupid things...