The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Spyder P0505 code

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2G Josh

Proven Member
Aug 23, 2014
Bloomington, Illinois
I got this code a few months ago after my car was idleing for about ten minutes. Replaces the IAC valve and the code went away. This morning after getting to work it was ideling for about 15 minutes and the CEL came on with the same code.

My question is what can cause this problem? I never adjusted the biss because I read so many different things on how to adjust it and I got intimidated at the thought of screwing something up.

I'm going to rebuild the engine soon because I have high miles and valve stem seals going bad. Can valve stem seals cause the IAC valve to go bad? When idleing in park or when the AC is on the idle drops down like 150 rpms and jumps back to normal for just a second but tdoes it every 20 seconds or so and idk if that related or not.

Can anyone shed some light on whats going on?

Well its probably he IAC if you're getting a CEL for faulty IAC, and it sounds like its bad.
Did you test the coils? If they test good pull the IAC, keep it plugged in and set it on the TB elbow. Then turn the key to ON and you should see the pintle extend and retract when you turn the key off.What did you replace the original with? Another used one? I went through 3 tan IACs before I just got the black revised IAC from a stealth. Or you can shell out $68 and get a Standard AC99 or AC146 from rock auto (although I got one that was DOA)
Whatever you do don't buy a cheapo off eBay. You wanna take care of that ASAP before you fry your ECU!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back