The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

420A P0505 code

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Make sure the inside of the housing is clean on your iac...if it gets clogged up and filled with carbon and stuff then the tip wont seat right...maybe thats what triggering the code....the stepper motor isnt able to get the tip seated all the way and sending a error code....

If you know which ISC was originally in the TB when the code came up then I would test the resistance. I believe there is an article in vfaq.com. If a bad ISC isn't replaced soon enough then it can blow the ISC drivers in the ECU. Not sure what that code is for exactly, but that's where I would start to look. Here is another FAQ. DSM ISCs

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back