The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

Over heating

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spaz5spd

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 8, 2012
Springfield, Massachusetts
Just got water pump, timing belt, tensioner, and pullies replaced. The car car did good for a little bit. Back to overheating. My first few pulls stayed cool. Then noticed the overheating. It's not common over heating. It makes it to 230° and coolant is bubbling and streaming in reservoir. Blown HG? At Linnet city speeds (35-50) it was fine, long highway pulls it overheats.

230* is not over heating if your system holds proper pressure.

Try a new radiator cap

The only way I got around with it was running it loose to release pressure through the cap. Then it stay at like 190°-204°.

Also removed thermostat to see if it would help, nothing. I'm running a single sided radiator dual core, my first motor had no issue staying cool with the setup so I know that it's not that.

The only way I got around with it was running it loose to release pressure through the cap. Then it stay at like 190°-204°.

Also removed thermostat to see if it would help, nothing. I'm running a single sided radiator dual core, my first motor had no issue staying cool with the setup so I know that it's not that.

When you loosen the rad cap, and release the pressure on the system, you lower the boiling point to 212*

For every pound of pressure applied to the cooling system you can add 3* to the boiling point,

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back