The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

2G One of the rustiest dsm ive ever seen

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jesse12345

Proven Member
Jul 30, 2014
Down the block, Minnesota
So I went and picked up a 97 gst parts car for 200 bucks I think this may be the most rusty 2g eclipse I have ever seen. It came with sideskirts I barely touched those and they fell right off. This is what the north does to these things. It's sad to see these go down this way it was headed off to the junk yard but I snatched it up and now it's staying.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

By reputation the 2g usually rust out the shock towers, but with this one they are actually looking fine. Even with all that cancer this high wing body style in silver looks sharp.

But the shock towers are fine. Amazing.

It took me YEARS of looking daily on CL for a 2g. Forget them being high schooler cars, blown up or modded to death. They rust so damn bad. The rear wheel wells and front shock towers are the car's demise.
They were everywhere 15 years ago and now they are nowhere to be seen. Maybe one or two poor examples on CL a year, maybe see one 2g on the road a year... maybe. They just don't exist like they used to and as the years roll on it's getting noticeably thinner.

Meanwhile 1g's are easier to find around here and they don't really seem to rust. One of my 1gs that sits outside daily, for years now, I joke it's made of stainless, there's bare raw metal parts on panels that don't even turn orange.

^ditto MI is no good for long term vehicle ownership unless you plan ahead.

Being on an Island in the North Atlantic we get the double whammo of salt spray from the ocean along with anything driven in the winter months getting salt and sand blasted on the roads ...unless you get rust prevention done sprayed in the body panels and undercarriage rust can start poking thru in 5 to 8 yrs...saves the brake and fuel lines too

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back