The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Oil pressure gauge out...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

93RS

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 3, 2011
Brandon, South_Dakota
Ok I saw a thread on this b4 can't find it again..... My oil pressure gauge is tottaly inactive. I'm thinking its the sensor but b4 I go out and buy it I would like to verify...... Is there any way to test it???? Does anyone have any pics of where the sensor is??? Or what it looks like???? Thanks in advance guys.... :laser:

Im assuming were talking about a stock gauge here? the sensor is on the OFH. Lets see if I can find a pic---

edit:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

The sensor is located on the back side of oil filter housing. its round and has a single wiring coming off of it. Im not sure on testing but i would first make sure the wire is not broken. I ran into the same exact issue before and it turned out the wire got snagged and ripped out of the connector.

Went out jacked it up and i got two wires that are missing ends, 1 is blue 1 is yellow... which one goes where:confused:??? the metal line that goes into the housing with the rubber elbow is leaking as well as a drop on the bottom of the turbo... Ive had this car for a couple months and nothing is giving me problems but oil on the turbo cant be good:pray:

If you look at the pic "turbo98eclipse" posted, someone correct me if i'm wrong, but i believe the blue is for the stock oil pressure gauge. The yellow wire i'm not so sure about but may be for the low oil pressure dummy light sensor.

Hooked the blue wire up to the sender hooked the yellow up to the dummy light and wahlah!!! she works... Still conserned about the oil dripping off the turbo and the oil filter. The line from the turbo to the pan is good. Is there a line that goes from the turbo to the filter housing??? Is it known to leak????

there's a line from the turbo to the filter housing? or are you talking about the oil return line from the turbo to the oil pan. if thats leaking which im sure its leaking because most of use have had or has this issue. get some new gaskets. and rtv the hell out of it once its on it. or you could go with -an fittings.

Just be Careful not to over do the RTV. It can clog small lines if there is to much put on.

goes from the OFH to the turbo, sounds like the oil feed line for the turbo but as far as i know 1st gens get there oil from the head. can you post a picture?

Leak at the housing...
Leak at the turbo...
Cld a bad ball joint cause this wear???

I found the banjo bolt on the head for the turbo that is pretty gunky as well

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back