The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Oil leak from timing belt side.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSMCanada

Probationary Member
Aug 17, 2005
mississauga, Ontario_Canada
I have oil covering pritty much everything on my timing belt side.

It seems to be leaking from the camshaft seal and working its way to the sprockets and splatering everywhere! No biggy. I just need to know what gaskets/seals I need to replace.

So far I think I need:

Timing belt
Valvecover gasket
Camshaft gasket

Oil and water pump seems to be leak free.

Anything else anyone can advise me one?

A few pics:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

P.S. is't alot more oily from what the camera is seeing.

sounds good to me.just make sure you clean off the timing belt pulleys real good.replace both cam seals,youll have access to them,might as well.

Check for cracks in your valve cover. DSM valve covers love to crack. Mine had a 3/4" crack in it and looked to be a cam seal. It ran all the way down the timing side and under the car just like yours does. The smallest cracks seem to make the biggest mess. It only takes a minute to pull the valve cover. Give it a shot!

Thanks guys.

The cam seals will be replaced as well. Cleaning all the oil is going to be fun. :notgood:

I will check for cracks in the valve cover asap.

What causes the valvecover to crack if knowone touched it?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back