The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Offroad Suspension for a 2g?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aaro

Probationary Member
Apr 15, 2019
Vancouver, BC_Canada
Hi everyone :D
I want to raise my 1997 eclipse gsx by 2 or 3 inches so that I can have fun in the mud and on logging roads. I have been looking at different suspension options and I was wondering if anyone knew if mitsubishi delica or pajero suspension would fit onto a 1997 gsx. Thanks for the help!

Go to feal and get their rally kit. Only galant stuff fits our car and none came any higher really

I agree with ec17pse above, although I have no experience with this sort of thing. My assumption would be if you wanted a couple inch lift from factory specs you would have to call a company that makes supporting aftermarket products for our cars such as feal or koni(I think koni makes stuff for us?) And request a special order be made. Who knows if they would do it and it could be costly, but that does sound like a cool idea! Especially for an awd model, I can imagine just tearing up some dirt roads haha

I have Tein Street Basis Coilovers on the car right now, would I be able to just by longer springs for them?
Not sure on this my dude, if you call a reputable seller tomorrow I'm sure they could give you more details than I am giving right now. Or better yet if you can get in contact with someone in that industry.

Longer springs wont work without longer shocks to go with them, you would simply reach the end of the shock stroke and have a heck of a time compressing the longer spring to fit the strut anyway.

I have Tein Street Basis Coilovers on the car right now, would I be able to just by longer springs for them?
No because the shaft only has so much compression and rebound stroke, coilovers can be threaded a bit to raise the car but they all have their own limits, I said feal because i know they make a rally kit for us and others might too but you would have to ask them.

Nothing likely will be off the shelf or cheap either as they will be beefed up with the target msrket in mind so expect it to be more costly

Last edited:
Know that in stage rally no one rallied the 2g because of the front suspension's damper fork splitting around the drive shaft. It is the weak point that always breaks, easily bends, or collapses EVERY TIME no matter how many times people have tryed to beef it up (with extra plating welded on, etc) . I have personally seen it with my own eyes on every single 2g tryed - they all broke by stage 2. That is why you only saw 1g's there (has no split damper fork). So it depends on how much pounding you intend to put it through. I rally my 99 on TSD rallies some of which are on gravel roads (some pot holes) with some short stretches of mud. But they are nothing like what you get on a stage rally (which I used to do with a different car).

Sorry if I wasn't clear. I don't want to do stage rally I just want to raise the car so I can have fun on the weekends. I am just trying to figure out the best way to raise it a few inches on a budget, that's all.

No because the shaft only has so much compression and rebound stroke, coilovers can be threaded a bit to raise the car but they all have their own limits, I said feal because i know they make a rally kit for us and others might too but you would have to ask them.

Nothing likely will be off the shelf or cheap either as they will be beefed up with the target msrket in mind so expect it to be more costly
I was looking on their website and I couldn't find anything, could you share a link?

I was looking on their website and I couldn't find anything, could you share a link?
It looks like its not listed on the main site no more but you will likely need to ask them directly and they can assist you from there

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back