The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Odd Lean Condition

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ypnas777

20+ Year Contributor
Feb 24, 2003
North Andover, Massachusetts
I recently installed an AEM Uego WBO2 sensor and noticed something odd. With the fuel sliders set to zero the a/f ratio should be around 9.6:1 but instead the gauge is reading ~11:1. The dsmlink estimated a/f ratio is matching the 2g estimates but the gauge is reading way off. I also have the injectors dialed in correctly as the fuel trims are within 5%. What could be causing this? My relative mods include: FIC 950s, Rewired Walbro HP 255lph, Aeromotive FPR @ 43.5psi. Any ideas? Thank You

during a pull. during idle the AEM gauge reads around 14.7 which is normal :confused:

Well I know what DSMLink has as an A/F ratio is only an estimate. But if all your wiring is done right, and the wideband is calibrated, then what the AEM says is the truth. Does it also fluctuate throughout the pull? Or does it just stay pegged at 11.1:1? If if fluctuates a little then it is reading what is actually going on. From what I have read about the AEM units, they react a lot faster then some of the other similarly priced units so if it is moving about then it is functioning properly. (This of course if it is Calibrated and wired right). How far away is it mounted on the DP? The further away it is, the more of a chance it has to have a leak in the exhaust system before the sensor itself.

The further away it is, the more of a chance it has to have a leak in the exhaust system before the sensor itself.

+1 mounting should be as close to the turbo as possible for accurate readings or far away for longer life, I believe 36" is there recomendation. I have mine maybe 6-8" below turbo on downpipe mounted at the correct angle.

hint, for exhuast leaks use seafoam, dead giveaway.:thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back