The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

Lean condition

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eviltalon1

15+ Year Contributor
May 17, 2005
West Monroe, Louisiana
OK tell me if my logic is correct. I have been having a problem running lean no matter my boost level. I have a hacked MAF and did have an Safc 2, but it did not like Louisiana summer heat, and died. Since then my plugs have been scary white regardless of boost levels, even partial throttle response is inconsistent.

I think the problem is because of the hacked MAF letting unmetered air in under all conditions and causing the lean condition. Since I now have no fuel control the only way to fix the problem is get an unhacked maf, or get some kind of fuel control again.

Am I correct or is there another problem that I have not thought of IE. Injectors, FP,or some stupidly simple thing that I have over looked.

Thanks Danny

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back