The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

o2 sensor delete

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redmachine said:
Does anyone know a site you can order a fake o2 sensor or something on that line that won't trow a code when I put a test pipe on.

when u put a test pipe in it will give you a cell
what you have to do is go on e bay and look up o2 sim
its a simulator that you splice into you o2 sensor and it sends the ecu the singnal that it wants to see :thumb:
25 bucks on e bay

I can deal lookin at a light more so than spending 25 bucks just to get rid of it :) im cheap

Reset the ECU by unplugging the battery for a quite a few minutes ... Usually this is about an hour for me. Then when you power the stereo back on it should prompt for the code. If you do not know the code then you'll have to contact Mitsi.

Peace!

The check engine light is not just there to let you know when you have disabled something it doesn't like. It's also there to let you know when the sensor itself has completely quit working properly and is running the car too lean. It's there to let you know when the timing belt has jumped 1 tooth and that you need to fix it. The CEL comes on when your Map or MAF sensor starts failing as well.

This resistor from radio shack is less that $5.00 and you can find radio shacks everywhere. Feel free to modify your car the intelligent way and don't assume that the check engine light only comes because of something YOU'VE done to the car. Don't be a hack.

DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY on one of those 02 whatever the heck things on ebay. Like stated on the first page get a 5-10 cent resistor from radio shack and SODER it inline with the black wire on the o2 sensor. The guy i bought my testpipe from included one of these resistors for me. It'll do the trick.

Doug99RS said:
The check engine light is not just there to let you know when you have disabled something it doesn't like. It's also there to let you know when the sensor itself has completely quit working properly and is running the car too lean. It's there to let you know when the timing belt has jumped 1 tooth and that you need to fix it.
Hm. It didn't realize mine was off by 2.

why would a test pipe throw an o2 code? the o2 sensor is there mainly as a checker to make sure your running the right air/fuel ratio to not fry the cat and to get good gas milage. plus, it comes before the cat, so a test pipe wouldnt affect it at all.
Test pipe no o2 or cel

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back