The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

NXS Motorsports EBAY (nxsmotorsports) MBC boost controller

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Well I was looking for a manual boost controller to turn up the boost on my car. I really didn't want to spend more than $50, hell even $20 on it since the design on these are all the same and personally know someone with a cheapo one that has been working fine.

So off I go on ebay. There were those different colored ones that were dirt cheap a while back, but now they are no where to be found. This was the same cheapo one I mentioned that a friend of mine is using fine.

The cheapest one that was littered on ebay were these and were all about $20 shipped on average:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I searched here to see if anyone knew how these worked and how they are setup since it has that extra adapter. Couldn't find a thread regarding these or any info on them, so I was out to look for something more familiar.

I finally landed upon a seller who went by nxsmotorsports. They were selling what looked to be the simple plain jain ball/spring MBC. It was $19 shipped, and there were some info on this site regarding it, and people saying they got it for cheaper. I contacted the seller to ask why the price went up. The seller was very helpful and returned emails quickly. They explained that because of the higher ebay and paypal fees, they had to charge more.

But get this! They offered to give me a dsm owner discount of $5 if purchased directly! How awesome is that. So they sent a paypal request and my order was off.

I quickly received it in 2 days shipped via USPS. It was packaged in a small padded envelope with detailed instructions.

The instructions were very clear, there is no way someone could get the install wrong or diagnose why they were having problems.

I hooked it up to my 95 GSX with ported MHI big16g and supporting mods except stock turboback using the connection on the wastegate and the jpipe for the boost source. Went for the first pull and it was hitting 20lbs. I was just going for 15. So with a few turns counter clock wise, the boost held at 15 with no spikes or creep. I will see how this goes after I get a turboback.

Attached are the pictures of the instructions and the product itself.

knochgoon24 gets credit for these detailed pictures of the unit:
83669d1211861270-ebay-boost-controllers-dsc03123_sm.jpg

83670d1211861270-ebay-boost-controllers-dsc03125_sm.jpg

83671d1211861270-ebay-boost-controllers-dsc03127_sm.jpg

Yes I've contemplated on making my own, but the parts it seems would have cost similar if not more to how much I got it, and my time.

Here is a link to the seller's store:
Items for Sale by nxsmotorsports

as you can see they are $19 shipped, but the seller said for DSM owners we can get them for $15 shipped!! Just contact them and mention that.

86353d1218830240-nxs-motorsports-ebay-nxsmotorsports-mbc-boost-controller-review-nxs_mbc1.jpg

86354d1218830240-nxs-motorsports-ebay-nxsmotorsports-mbc-boost-controller-review-nxs_mbc2.jpg

86355d1218830525-nxs-motorsports-ebay-nxsmotorsports-mbc-boost-controller-review-nxs_mbc3.jpg

86356d1218830525-nxs-motorsports-ebay-nxsmotorsports-mbc-boost-controller-review-nxs_mbc4.jpg

For more reviews, install issues, and other related posts on this MBC by other owners, check out this thread:
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/new...smotorsports-mbc-boost-controller-review.html

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back