The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

no start

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justincredible8

Probationary Member
Jan 9, 2010
saugus, Massachusetts
i have a 96 gst. my problem is the car wont start. im not getting fuel in the two cylinders all the way to the left if you are staning in front of the car. i put a noid light on the conectors and no flashing on crank, the other two cylinders have fuel. i also used a test light and found that there was power at the conectors but no ground. just wondering if this is a simple fix or not?:banghead:

Might be a dumb answer but,check your crank sensor or cam sensor. I had a no start issue,and it was the cranksensor broke.Just throwing it out there.Good luck, and recheck all of the connectors.:hellyeah:

I would do a resistance test between the connectors for the injectors and the connectors of the ecu to rule out a pair of broken wires. after that i would be looking more towards the ecu if its not open loop. Dont bother with the cam or crank sensor because of the fact that you have signal on the other two cylinders. good luck.

check Pins 13&26 on the ECU they are the grounds. also test the fuel injector pins 2&15 (those are for injectors 3&4) On the ECU its the 26 pin connector (looking at the top of the ecu) on the left hope this helps

cmp/ckp sensors will definatly keep you from getting fuel/spark to only 2 cylinders, they are in pairs, the ecu grounds the injectors so if you are not getting ground when you are not cranking the engine that is normal. i would be checking cam and crank signal. do you have access to a scope? also i dont know if it would fail the way you are experiencing but the injector relay could be at fault. good luck.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back