The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

No Spark After Head Swap

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MagickMan0730

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 27, 2009
Ellenville, New_York
Ok so a while back I felt that I needed to swap my head because I was losing compression. I had figured it was a valve issue. So I just finished swapping over to a freshly rebuilt head after 800 miles. The block is still the same and everything looks good on the bottom end. I took my time and made sure everything was plugged up correctly and all bolts were tight. Everything came out good. (Or so I thought).:confused: I go to start her and take her for a drive when it doesn't happen. It cranks and cranks fast but doesn't turn over. I changed the plugs and wires. Nothing. Coil pack is brand new but changed it anyway just in case. Nothing. So I thought it must've been the Power Transistor. Changed that last night. NOTHING! CAS is good. My last thought is the Ecu. The main problem seems to be that she's not getting spark. I'm getting fuel at the rail and the timing is spot on. I am almost 100% positive I didn't miss any plugs or hoses. I went over it like 3 times. Everything was labeled and tagged. I am totally stumped. Can anybody help with any ideas of what this could be??:aha: Btw the motor is a 6-bolt with about 80k. Nothing was touched except the head. Help???

I do know after my rebuild I ran into this issue when I failed to hook up a ground wire that gets bolted onto the back of the intake manifold. Not saying it's your problem, but sometimes it's the simple shit that throws ya for a loop.

I was told this before as well. But I have a ground connected on the top of my intake manifold to the firewall. I have a JMFab IM so its a little different but nonetheless it IS grounded. I really hope its not my ECU because I didnt touch it at all and all my fuses are good...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back