The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

2G No Injector Pulse

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PLDSM

Proven Member
Dec 8, 2013
Warren, Michigan
Looking to get some opinions. Have a 95 talon tsi awd, car blew a headgasket and bent a valve, it's a 6 bolt swap car as well with a 1g cas and dsmlink v3. Pulled it apart, rebuilt the head and put a new gasket on. Car has 160 across the board, has fuel pressure I can read from the fuel lab fpr, has spark as well. Issue is I am not getting any injector pulse. This is what I have done with the guidance from a great friend.

- With ignition on I am seeing voltage at each fuel injector, however during cranking have no injector pulse
- Tested and swapped 1g cas with a known good one and worked on both cars
- Check continuity for crank signal and ground on cas. All good.
- Checked continuity from each injector connector to ecu pin, have continuity
- Cel is on for 5 seconds then turns off so mpi relay is working
- Ohmed the injectors and the injector box and all within spec.

After looking at all the schematics it leads us to the ecu being the problem (don't have a spare). Any guidance from the community is appreciated if we have overlooked something.

The injectors are operated via a pull-down circuit within the ECU, if this is a stock ECU check to make sure the contacts are clean on both the injectors and the ECU. If need be you can open the ECU casing and validate that there are not any open/damaged circuits within the ECU itself. If you have a spare ECU try swapping it and seeing if that works (if you do not want to open the ECU).

If you find that it works, more than likely one of the components is damaged that you cannot physically see (internal IC damage). Hopefully this works for you, if it does not I will keep an eye out on this thread to assist you where needed, best of luck.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back