The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

No Idea

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mat4ram

20+ Year Contributor
Oct 6, 2002
pell city, Alabama
ok, my cars trans has been acting up the past few weeks and im not sure what else to do. when you accelerate most of the time its shifts from 1st to 2nd but when it goes to shift to 3rd it just kind of revs alittle and feels like its going to shift but it never will unless you get on it alot. i just replaced the trans ecu, trans solenoids, trans fluid, and trans filter but the problem continues. the trans was supposedly rebuilt about 15,xxx miles ago but the shop wont warrenty it because it was a 6 month warrenty which was about a 1 year and half ago, but it has been sitting because of motor problems. im just out of ideas. any help is needed. thanks.

It sounds like your trans may be bad again and might need to be rebuilt or replaced.

-John

Originally posted by mat4ram
any idea what would be the cheapest way to go? i dont mean cheap but i dont really have any money...dsm's get expensive

The cheapest way is usually to fix it right so you only need to spend the money once.

-John

Somebody just told me that transdude, CRY ONCE. That means cry over the price you paid the first time to get it done right, instead of the "cheaper" route and something that might not last, or work. I found that out the hard way, I have over 1k invested in a trans that still doesn't work because I went with a "used" trans replacement, this and that. So my advice to you is spend the $2300 to have it rebuilt right. I think you can shave a couple hundred off if you pull the trans out yourself. I can help you there, and it can be done in a garage with minimul tools...

Originally posted by 69_luv
Somebody just told me that transdude, CRY ONCE. That means cry over the price you paid the first time to get it done right, instead of the "cheaper" route and something that might not last, or work.

Sounds like you got good advise, unfortunately you got it too late. It sucks to spend money for the same thing twice.

-John

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back